Renewal dilemma.

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Hells Bells

Renewal dilemma.

Post by Hells Bells »

I currently list on a ski-holiday rental site, and I have just received the invoice for renewal , along with a phone-call giving me the stats for the year. The stats appear to be impressive. Out of 800 hits on my listing, 400 have clicked through to my website, 25% to my home page, and 75% to my prices page (this actually opens my availability calendar). However, my own stats don't show up these figures, it only indicates 54 hits to my site from January to October this year. There are numerous unevaluated hits though. It is over £100 to renew, and the forum on there has annoyed me to death for the last year, as every enquiry for accommodation is attacked by long lists of posts from chalet owners in other resorts with totally unsuitable accommodation. My little place gets lost in the onslaught. BUT, few of my other lisitng sites are giving me any bookings. I can see for definite, as my guest told me, there was one booking from them last winter, and I think there may have been another before the booking system stats were updated.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I don't know how much you charge but if you are happy with £100 for 1 booking stick with it,if not....
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I can't be certain though, that I didn't get more bookings, hence the dilemma. I'm not happy with one booking though. If I bite the bullet and cancel, and then my website hits and bookings plunge, I'll kick myself. I do ask where they found us on the booking form, but many are quite vague, despite clickable options.
paolo

Post by paolo »

If they are saying your listing got 800 hits, that doesn't mean 800 visitors. If you have 8 images or other files on your page, each time your page is opened you'll get 8 hits. So let's say that is only 100 actual visitors, then 54 clicking through to your site makes sense. It's about half of people visiting your listing and that may be where the 400 figure comes from.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

For the year up to 30th September 2006

Total number of times you logged into Control Panel: 24
Total number of times you updated availability: 21 (ideal number is 52)

Page views: 816
Property in search results: 3468
Property displayed in search results: 754

Clickthroughs to your website: 400 (of which 76% to your price page)
Clickthroughs to your promotion: 208

Info just emailed to me by site.
firstgreen

Post by firstgreen »

The number of referrals is irrelevant if none of them booked.

Its better to track where your bookings are coming from (on your booking form or via free software) then concentrate your time and budget on the top converting sites.

Phil
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I have tried to track the bookings,but sometimes they leave it blank. I think I have decided not to renew the listing. I am certain it was not that amount to list last year, but couldn't find the details last night.