Around about Britain - anyone list with this site?

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
harcourtv57

Around about Britain - anyone list with this site?

Post by harcourtv57 »

Just had a call offering one years advertising for £40. Anyone else had any dealings with them?

Thanks
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Another flood of emails from ABB over the last couple of months, landing in my spam box and a couple of telephone calls. I am very dubious about giving them money without knowing whether they deliver or not. They have a lot of relatively cheap properties on their website which makes mine look over-priced. The latest phone call claimed that 98% of people renew their advert (Because it is relatively cheap? Because they forget to cancel?). They refused a trial period. I think I will pass unless anyone can tell me I am missing out. Anyone?
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I've been plagued by these people by e-mail and phone calls. On the basis that they don't come up in searches they are not going to get my money either. IMO if I can't find them, then neither will potential holiday makers, so it would probably be money better spent sending my £40 to GB to replace the notes he's about to tear up and the ad he's about to place! :lol:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Thanks Susie Jane. I suspected as much. That will be a no then. I think I might actually email and ask them to stop ringing and writing.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've always been inundated with their emails, but no I'm not going to bite either. :) If they don't appear in my searches then that's hardly a ringing endorsement is it?