GUEST CONTRIBUTION TO DAMAGE

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
northseagirl

GUEST CONTRIBUTION TO DAMAGE

Post by northseagirl »

I was wondering what other owners do in the case of expensive accidental damage to a holiday let. The insurance company is asking the guest to pay for the damage to the carpet (quite a few hundred pounds) - but I understood that as owners we would claim on insurance and then could ask the guest to cover our excess and any premium increases.

Has anyone had any claims for expensive damage and interaction with insurance companies?
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Iron mark on carpet and insurance paid to replace (Schofields).
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

Same here. We had guests spill a whole bottle of wine on a cream carpet and try to scrub it out themselves which made it worse. Had to replace the whole carpet but insurance paid for it and I kept the damage deposit to pay for the excess.

Depends what kind of insurance policy you have I guess.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Like the others say, it depends on the terms of your insurance - the policy will state what is covered and what is not.