Website not accessible (independentowners)

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Zoot

Website not accessible (independentowners)

Post by Zoot »

My property's website (www.cognac-countryhouse.com) has not been accessible for the past few days. It was built using an 'independent owners' template and has been functioning without any problems for several years. The domain name comes via Global Gold and the subscription to that is up to date. Anyone else having similar problems or any ideas for fixing it?
Many thanks
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Updated ours today and no problem.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

You have to contact the host. Mine went down on Monday and it turned out the host had removed it (without informing me!) because they believed I might have been hacked. I hadn't been, as far as we can possibly tell, but boy did they cause me problems getting it back up. I had to employ my webguy to put the site back to how it was before they took it down. They removed redirects and important security stuff. :roll:
Jeaves

IO down

Post by Jeaves »

My site is down too. I've messaged them but no response yet. Not happy, what a terrible time to do this! :(
peyre blanque

Post by peyre blanque »

Our site is still there

Ross
Zoot

Post by Zoot »

I contacted support at Independentowners and got an immediate and very detailed response. Said the problem was with an incorrect IP address somewhere along the line and offered to fix it, which they have done. Hats off to io support!