MIME attachments

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
kg1

MIME attachments

Post by kg1 »

Took a booking through HL last night for January. I emailed off my booking form. Guest has I think been trying to email it back to me (they are in OZ). I have received 14 emails all with different size MIME attachments. I have tried every which way and programme to open them but they are scrambled. My ipad wants to use Dropbox but it is scrambled there too. Laptop comes up with about 10 ways to open but none of them work.
Does anyone have any suggestions please?
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

You haven't said what mail system you're using - but can you look at the email online - if you have your own domain name, through the CPanel interface or if you use gmail etc through their web interface?
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

It sounds like their email software is getting the header wrong for the attachment, so none of your programs can interpret it.

If you send me one of the emails, I can see if there's anything obvious wrong or if anything is salvageable.

But I think you'll have to ask them to attach a different format of document or use an online web mail program which will handle things properly. Problems like this were common in the early days of the internet....20 years ago!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

newtimber wrote:You haven't said what mail system you're using - but can you look at the email online - if you have your own domain name, through the CPanel interface or if you use gmail etc through their web interface?
Thanks - It is Yahoo mail and I can't see it online.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

kevsboredagain wrote:It sounds like their email software is getting the header wrong for the attachment, so none of your programs can interpret it.

If you send me one of the emails, I can see if there's anything obvious wrong or if anything is salvageable.

But I think you'll have to ask them to attach a different format of document or use an online web mail program which will handle things properly. Problems like this were common in the early days of the internet....20 years ago!
Kev. Thank you. I have pm'd you for an email address to fwd to.