Any with clauses in T&C about e-cigs?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sents.html
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

The same could happen to any gadget connected to a wrong or faulty charger. I'd imagine with an e-cig, you're simply recharging a battery.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

My property is non-smoking so maybe I also need to put a 'no vaping' clause in there too :mrgreen:
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

:mrgreen: I've yet to encounter an e-cigarette or a vaper - do they (the e-cigs :-)) leave a smell behind? Can any residual smell or scent be detected on soft furnishings? Putting unfortunate charger fires aside, are there any reasons to exclude them from a property?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Normandie wrote::mrgreen: I've yet to encounter an e-cigarette or a vaper - do they (the e-cigs :-)) leave a smell behind? Can any residual smell or scent be detected on soft furnishings?
I've no idea - there was a guy vaping next to me at the airport recently and I didn't like it because the cloud of 'smoke' is rather redolent of ciggie smoke, but in all probability there is no aroma. I'd rather a vaper than a smoker at my property by a factor of x many.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Sorry, but rant follows:

I was a serious long term smoker with poor record of giving up.
e-cigs came to market and in no time, I became a serious permanent ex-smoker. I have even given up vaping now, but it was all a very hard battle.

Vaping leaves ZERO smell. Is TOTALLY harmless to all around. There are many stories of restaurants and airlines banning vaping, but only because it "feels like smoking" to non-smokers, or as Casscat put it, its only redolent of smoking. Its nowhere near as unpleasant - in fact its not at all noticeable to a blind person.

MY MESSAGE to ANTI-SMOKERS: Get over it !
VAPING IS NOT SMOKING.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
revdev

Post by revdev »

e-richard wrote: MY MESSAGE to ANTI-SMOKERS: Get over it !
VAPING IS NOT SMOKING.
ohhhh, someone's button has been pushed! :)
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Well, e-R, if you're demonstrating typical (ex-)vaper behaviour and attitudes, I'm banning them.

:mrgreen:
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Yes, Normandie. I should be banned for my rude behaviour; but not for Vaping. OK? :wink:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Thinking of the reasons for not allowing smoking in a rental property, I presume there are two - residual smell, which some people might find off-putting, and possible staining to paintwork, curtains etc from the smoke, which requires extra cleaning.
Given that vaping produces no smoke (the visible cloud is water vapour) and the smell (if any) is slight and transitory, it seems to me that the two possible objections have been eradicated.
Therefore it seems to me that there is no real reason to object to vaping, and forbidding it might just lose business unnecessarily by projecting a negative attitude to enquirers.
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

e-richard wrote:Yes, Normandie. I should be banned for my rude behaviour; but not for Vaping. OK? :wink:
Definitely. :lol:

In fact, I was going to research them to see if there were any downsides so your post was actually quite useful... if a little strident. :wink:
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I'm a former "serious long term smoker with poor record of giving up" too and quit via the Allen Carr clinic. Never looked back, and so successful was their aversion therapy that I cannot abide the smell of cigarettes now. My property is non-smoking, house and the grounds, but I have no issue with vapers. However at least half the vapers I know vape when they cannot smoke and will still have a ciggie whenever they get the opportunity.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I'm grateful for the contributors to this thread for introducing me to the term "vapers", which was new to me; I don't get out much and when I do I find most people keep well away from me, which I think might be due to my hat, or possibly the handcuffs and leg restraints.

Anyway, I've been looking for a new project and I can now start into writing the film script of Attack of the Vapers about aliens and people in a rural Yorkshire village who all wear flat caps and get to say Eeeee-cigarettes a lot. Not much beyond that yet, but I see George Clooney and Jennifer Lawrence in the leading roles and I'm going to give them a call once I've been given my medication.

You'll be able to donate on Kickstarter.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I'm with you Richard! Have been a 'vaper' for nearly two years now, there is no residual smell from the vapour although some non-smokers will insist that there is. As far as I know the chargers that have burst into flames spontaneously are cheap eBay c**p types rather than the matching charger for your battery.

On the subject of whether they help you to give up smoking, yes they do, very successfully but they do prolong the agony. They contain nicotine so the addiction is still there, just not the 4000 or so carcinogenic chemicals in cigarettes, and it's still unknown what harm vaping fluid might do to you.

I think I'm probably taking in more nicotine now than I did on 30 a day :oops: as it's become like having a dummy, it's always in my hand, so easy to use it everywhere and anywhere. I feel I need patches to get off this now! :roll:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."