Christmas Day enquiries

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
kevsboredagain

Christmas Day enquiries

Post by kevsboredagain »

I've never had one before but this year I had 3 messages from one person late on xmas eve, who was obviously pretty keen on receiving a reply ASAP. Then another one on xmas day itself.

I just found that a bit odd :?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'm not sure it is now Kev - if you look at the number of online sales on Chrismas Day itself there are an awful lot of people shopping for all sorts of things on 25th December, so why not holidays? The figure quoted yesterday was something like £441,000 per minute of online sales. I think it is the way things are now, although it may see a little odd and even sad to others.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Once took a booking by phone in the evening on Christmas Eve. Last year one enquiry Christmas Day and two on Boxing Day. This year just the one on Boxing Day.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

One on Boxing Day for same day.........
(Possibly another Christmas game of Monopoly that ended badly?)
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Three enquiries yesterday, all after 10pm ... and all for dates already booked :roll: (though one has changed dates and booked).
onestep

Post by onestep »

I've had 3 bookings in the last 4 days, although none on The Day itself :-)

Post by Guest »

:?:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mi casa

Post by mi casa »

We had an enquiry Christmas Eve Night - we replied and 15 minutes later they were back and booked a week in May. Deposit transferred that night. That was a first for us. Delighted with the booking but on Christmas Eve summer hols would be the last thing I would be think about.
Would love to retire but can't so will have to keep doing the lottery!
Essar

Post by Essar »

I agree with la vache! its all about the mad internet rush that everyone seems to have suddenly decided is the thing - on-line pre-christmas, boxing day, pre-new year, new year and January sales. The "must have now" generation don't want to miss out on anything; so, they want to ensure they get the dates they want. The telly ads are full of holidays - have you seen the latest Booking.com ad, I'd be embarrassed to have signed that off! I had a booking on Christmas Day for next xmas and it's not a repeat. The guests we have in at the moment - go tomorrow - just called to ask if they could stay 2 or 3 more nights; had to turn them down as the new year guests arrive tomorrow.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
GRL

Post by GRL »

Took 2 bookings on Boxing Day and another contacted us on Boxing Day for a date that had just gone so is thinking about changing to another week. That's a record for us :)
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I must admit, I did some internet shopping on xmas day but at least there, I felt I was only talking to a software system and not expecting a personal answer.

My xmas eve request turned into a booking so can't complain.
MiniMum

Post by MiniMum »

Well, we had an enquiry Christmas Day morning, so between basting the turkey, I replied. Astonished to receive a call from them Boxing Day afternoon asking for bank details to book. Money duly transferred same day to hit the account today! Was also my quickest and most stress free booking.

I sure this is the one booking I will worry about the most, though, as it seems too good to be true.....