Moving from windows PC to Apple mac

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Just do not purchase anything from Amazon. Workers there face horrible conditions working standards when compared with US and European norms.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

My PC gave me momentary heart failure on New Year's Day when it wouldn't power up despite my pleading. I sorted it but it made me realise that my PC (an Acer Aspire all in one) is showing signs of age and may be due for a journey to the great computer graveyard in the sky - or the local tip electrical recycling unit anyway. I wandered into PC World later that day and having looked at other all in one PCs found myself wandering over to the Apple desk where I spent a good 20 minutes drooling over and caressing various iMacs. Not even the most hardened Apple-hater can deny that they are anything but beautiful - so tactile, so well designed and well built, so covetable. I was about to shell out tons of dosh on the spot just to obtain one of these dazzling devices but I did pause, quite sensibly, to ask myself a few questions that I found I couldn't answer. So I put my plastic back in my bag and walked away. The questions I could not answer relate to practical matters. I use my home PC for all the usual drivel - mostly email and internet, photo storage, music storage etc. - but importantly I do work from home on occasions and to do so I have to log into my firm's VPN. That is only Windows compatible and does not support the Apple iOS (it barely supports Windows to be frank and I have endless problems with it, but that's another story). I have been told that I can have a dual operating system and switch between Windows and iOS but that seems clumsy to me, not to mention a further expense on top of an already expensive piece of hardware. I was advised I would need to spend on a portable hard drive to transfer my files, Microsoft Office Suite for Mac AND Windows for Mac which all adds up to a pretty penny. Maybe I should just settle for a new PC and be done with it :(
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

casasantoestevo wrote:Just do not purchase anything from Amazon. Workers there face horrible conditions working standards when compared with US and European norms.
I think Apple win the price for that one.