Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Moving from windows PC to Apple mac
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
casasantoestevo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do not purchase anything from Amazon. Workers there face horrible conditions working standards when compared with US and European norms.

Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Casscat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My PC gave me momentary heart failure on New Year's Day when it wouldn't power up despite my pleading. I sorted it but it made me realise that my PC (an Acer Aspire all in one) is showing signs of age and may be due for a journey to the great computer graveyard in the sky - or the local tip electrical recycling unit anyway. I wandered into PC World later that day and having looked at other all in one PCs found myself wandering over to the Apple desk where I spent a good 20 minutes drooling over and caressing various iMacs. Not even the most hardened Apple-hater can deny that they are anything but beautiful - so tactile, so well designed and well built, so covetable. I was about to shell out tons of dosh on the spot just to obtain one of these dazzling devices but I did pause, quite sensibly, to ask myself a few questions that I found I couldn't answer. So I put my plastic back in my bag and walked away. The questions I could not answer relate to practical matters. I use my home PC for all the usual drivel - mostly email and internet, photo storage, music storage etc. - but importantly I do work from home on occasions and to do so I have to log into my firm's VPN. That is only Windows compatible and does not support the Apple iOS (it barely supports Windows to be frank and I have endless problems with it, but that's another story). I have been told that I can have a dual operating system and switch between Windows and iOS but that seems clumsy to me, not to mention a further expense on top of an already expensive piece of hardware. I was advised I would need to spend on a portable hard drive to transfer my files, Microsoft Office Suite for Mac AND Windows for Mac which all adds up to a pretty penny. Maybe I should just settle for a new PC and be done with it Sad
kevsboredagain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casasantoestevo wrote:
Just do not purchase anything from Amazon. Workers there face horrible conditions working standards when compared with US and European norms.

I think Apple win the price for that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Owner-to-Owner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: