Trivial Statistics

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
e-richard

Trivial Statistics

Post by e-richard »

Many of you know how much I love silly stats, so happy new year to y'all.

Today is exactly 7 years since PIMS recorded its first ever booking.

Here are a few more uninteresting facts about PIMS
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ooh! That's a lot of read only owners. Why? What are they doing with it? Are they paying for it? Even if you only want the calendar you still have to enter something and use it. I really hope you have the answers Richard as these questions will torment me otherwise. :wink:

Other than that Congratulations. It's come a long way. :D

PS. Did you know you still have a typo next to your favicon? Rentalt with a T? :wink:
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Ho Ho Nemo, you're going to love this answer:

Read-Only owners are clients of Agents who use PIMS but then set up access for the owners to login and just view the details of any of the bookings that the agents are managing for their property.

Typo fixed :wink:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Lol, yes I love that answer!

Unbeknownst to me, my cleaner checks the calendar on my website, despite me sending her a bookings report. One day she said she couldn't clean that day so I blocked it out for a day to ensure I wouldn't take a booking. She rang me in a panic thinking I'd taken a one night booking!

Now you're going to tell me the read only option is a platinum version feature? :wink:
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I couldn't wait to find out so I went looking and yay it's a gold feature! So if she wants, I can give my cleaner the inside track on it all. Hopefully she does as that makes my life easier.

Thanks Richard, another little feature of PIMS to explore. :D
Annew

Post by Annew »

The read-only feature is a brilliant tool for my housekeepers. They check regularly and have only made one error (turned up by accident to clean after I dummy blocked a cottage) in the 2 years they have worked for me.

And ... saves me the hassle of having to communicate each time I confirm a booking.

I was surprised that there are 154 users - I can't believe more people haven't caught on to PIMS.

My NY resolution is to get my head around the online booking form and actually start getting guests to use it

:D
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

My previous cleaner refused even the bookings report so I had to create and update an excel spreadsheet for years! So whilst very sad to lose her I was grateful that my new cleaner was happy to have the report. I just hadn't investigated any other option. I have however embedded a contact form and email a link to the booking form so that was a big achievement for me in 2014!
Annew

Post by Annew »

Perhaps you'd like a short break in Devon Nemo (only catch is you'd have to set up my PIMS Booking form and payments!!!!)

Hope you're feeling better today - amazing what a good night's sleep can do :D :D
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I think I'd happily earn my keep in return for another short break chez yours. :wink: it's honestly not that difficult. Once I was forced to create my new site then the forms just became another thing on the to do list... but that actually got done!

Sadly no better today, the nights are the worst part of the flu at present.