Faux (bold) MS Word font problems

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
pambon

Faux (bold) MS Word font problems

Post by pambon »

(Apologies I posted this by mistake in another problem I had started a thread on -. clicked on Post Reply instead of New Topic!)

Oh dear, I'm back again!

Several days ago I wrote a MS Word document in my usual way using the font of Comic Sans MS in a size 12 which I have been using for donkeys years. No problem.

Two days ago I write another MS Word document using all the above but I notice at once that although BOLD is not clicked the writing is definitely bold (if I click on Bold it becomes even bolder!)

On looking at the two documents side by side it is VERY evident that one is normal and the other is bold (but it is not!).

I have checked everything and can not find any reason why the second is bold. If I copy and paste the text onto the first document is becomes 'normal'.

If I write the second 'bold' document in a size 10 then it's OK but as soon as I click 11 or more it becomes bold.

On trying the other fonts some do this 'bold' type after size 11 and all after 12.

Any suggestions.

Post by pambon »

That brilliant Kev has sorted this problem where I originally posted this query by mistake.