Been asked for a brochure - what should I send?

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
anya752000

Been asked for a brochure - what should I send?

Post by anya752000 »

I have just picked up an answer phone message from a potential guest

She says she wants to come this year (no dates given) and could I please send her my brochure.

I don't have a brochure! All my information is done online.

Not sure what to send - I thought maybe a letter with information (and prices?) and a link to the website for photos and availability.

What do you think??
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I created a basic word doc with the bullet points about the property, a few pictures and my rate card for this year.

At some point I'd like to create a pdf that could be online that people can print off. There are always a few that like things on paper or so they can pass on details to friends.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Why not just say "I'm afraid I do not have a brochure but the web site gives all the information traditionally found in a brochure and I will be delighted to answer any questions you may have about the property, amenities or local area."Your web site and OD listing has a tariff and availability calendar.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Did she find you online?

I only ask because you say she phoned you. It's possible (even in this day and age) that she's elderly and doesn't use internet?
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

If she did not find me online somebody must have given her my details.

She did sound elderly and I had thought she might not be comfortable with accessing the internet.

Unfortunately unless she or somebody else checks the internet they cannot look at my up to date availability.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

I have in the past printed the relevant pages from our website. Plus some pictures.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

How about:

Thank you for your enquiry about our Pembrokeshire property, Tŷ Haf. Unfortunately we do not supply a printed brochure as we find that the majority of our guests prefer to browse the information and photographs on our website.

I have provided a summary of our information below, along with our current prices and a copy of our terms and conditions.

I have also included our availability for the current year, however please be aware that by the time you receive this letter it may have changed. Our up to date availability can be found on our website or on our Owners Direct advert. If you do not have access to the internet please feel free to telephone me.

I can't help feeling that it's going to be a lot of work for a very unlikely booking.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

I unfortunately don't have the printing capacity to include photographs :(
Marks

Post by Marks »

anya752000 wrote:I can't help feeling that it's going to be a lot of work for a very unlikely booking.
+1

Unless it is for dates you are unlikely to book I would just refer her to your website/listing. This sort or enquiry is so rare now that I guess very few owners would have anything to hand to just pop into the post (which is a bit like sending an email to Hotmail - no guarantee it will arrive). I've had this type of enquiry a couple of times over the years and the time involved is rarely worth the return. Do you really want to do a booking by post?

Even my 87 year old technophobe of a mother can book a hotel online :lol:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
ellerhow

Post by ellerhow »

I've pm ed you Anya. Get in touch if I can help.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Personally I find I am providing a service to some who do not use the computer. I have quite a few elderly guests and a few that don't do emails. A friend recommends my property, or they can view the property but not then complete the booking procedure. So I revert to snail mail. I email myself the standard emails, then simply print and send them. They send the booking form back with a cheque.

For those that are booking, I find they are very grateful and I'm pleased to provide the service for the last of the generation that aren't wedded to a computer. :wink:
Orsonthecat

Post by Orsonthecat »

Could you print off the info you have in your cottage and include some of that?
So much to learn....so little time!
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Well I have spent an hour putting together a letter with information from the website, current prices, availability, access statement and the T&C.
It is a shame I can't include photographs and I'm sure it won't come to anything but at least I have responded to her enquiry.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

You just never know. I had an enquiry like that who didn't book at the time, but did two years later! Plus now you've done it, you've done the legwork if someone else asks. :wink:
Essar

Post by Essar »

Casscat wrote:Why not just say "I'm afraid I do not have a brochure but the web site gives all the information traditionally found in a brochure and I will be delighted to answer any questions you may have about the property, amenities or local area."Your web site and OD listing has a tariff and availability calendar.
+1

What's a brochure? :)
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"