Where to position T and C

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Jemima Copping

Where to position T and C

Post by Jemima Copping »

Hi guys, just one wee question which has probably already been asked, but I haven't the time at the moment to trawl through the whole forum. I'm just about finishing my website and wonder what is the best place to put my T and C?
All answers gratefully received. :?
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
Essar

Post by Essar »

Create a pdf version.

Load it up to your website root directory.

Add a button or link on your website that opens the pdf document.

Like this. This link is called from a menu item on my website using a hyperlink. Its is useful this way as you can also provide links in emails.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Yup to all the above, and IN ADDITION would suggest that you add a line on your booking form online as follows:

Please Tick:
O I agree to the Terms and Conditions
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

If you have a website then why not make a web page, in addition to a PDF just for the T&C? Why would someone want to view your site, book through an online form and then have to open a PDF to read the small print?

Come to think of it, I don't even have a PDF version. On the rare occasion that I've been asked to mail something on paper, I simply printed the web page.
Essar

Post by Essar »

kevsboredagain wrote:If you have a website then why not make a web page, in addition to a PDF just for the T&C? Why would someone want to view your site, book through an online form and then have to open a PDF to read the small print?

Come to think of it, I don't even have a PDF version. On the rare occasion that I've been asked to mail something on paper, I simply printed the web page.
Having the pdf on-line means that it can be accessed from several different sources; your own website as a menu item (just the same as calling a page), from an email link, from a listing site or classified ad site, from eBay (About me), from an on-line form (as in "tick to confirm acceptance" - with a hyperlink), MailChimp or just about anywhere you can put a hyperlink. The real advantage is in the fact that you only need to maintain one record to cover all access.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

Have your general T&C's on your booking information page and then quite rightly as part of your booking process have a tick box to confirm the guests have Read and Agree to the T&C's

Once set up that's it :)
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Jemima, if you mean positioning, mine is like most websites and it is the last tab in the list.
Jemima Copping

T and C

Post by Jemima Copping »

Thanks guys for all the helpful advice! :)
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!