website review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
psh

website review

Post by psh »

Please review our website - www.las-chapas.co.uk - any guidance would be gratefully received.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

It's one page with one narrow column down the middle. Not sure what to say really but I think you need to put some more effort into it. Really nice property though.
Last edited by kevsboredagain on Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Lovely area, good photos so far, but more inside ones needed. :)
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

I like the easy to read page, some sites are just too cluttered for my liking. I agree with PW...more inside photos needed. Also, transparent pricing, booking information, i.e deposit, payment of balance etc...there are many like myself who will not contact a business (not just holiday rentals) for prices.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

What a beautiful property :) Like the others I think it deserves more photos, and better/bigger ones. It might be nice if when clicking on the thumbnail a larger photo screen opened up through which you could scroll the others pictures. Also I don't personally like the split screen photos merging two pictures into one frame.

I like the fact that there's a downloadable floor plan, but you do need pricing and availability information.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

You need to look at it from the perspective of a prospective guest: what do they need to know in order to choose your place, do you provide all that information, how easy is it for the guest to find it, and what is the immediate impact of the site that will encourage somebody to make the effort to look further?

As it stands I suspect very few people would stay on the site.

One further thought - you have a domain, but your contact email is gmail and outlook; why not use an email address associated with the domain which would give a far better impression?
CSE

Post by CSE »

One page seems ideal, but I have noticed that you have not given a calendar or any prices. Maybe also consider to add your prices in Euros as you are missing out on a large amount of business.
Look at the SEO efforts I am sorry to say you are going to have to do a lot better. There is no real header tags, no alt test for images. No robots text...do you need one with one page (question open to everyone)
You have used an iframe to add the map. This is not done correctly for HTML5.
This is the correct way of adding a map.
https://developers.google.com/maps/tuto ... google-map
If you wish to carry one using iframes then maybe read this.
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
psh

Post by psh »

Thank you to all who have been kind enough to post such helpful comments. It is difficult to be objective after scrutinising the content over and over. More photos are in the pipeline as are more specific prices. Thanks again, Pauline.