Recommendations for On-Line Selling Yourself

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
apexblue

Recommendations for On-Line Selling Yourself

Post by apexblue »

Has anyone a recommendation for a sell your house yourself website?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

I sold a house on Gumtree last year. Had quite a few enquiries & was easy to do.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Is this UK residential? I would look for one of the DIY sale sites that comes with a Rightmove listing like Hatched or Housesimple.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

We (eventually) sold our Dordogne gite complex through the 'Green Acres' website, where it's possible for purchasers to filter their search to exclude agent properties, if they choose. Ironically, although we were listed privately, unbeknown to us, one of our agents had also listed our property separately with a link to her agency and it was through this listing that our buyers eventually found us. The buyers live in Qatar, which shows that GA has a long reach.

Listing isn't particularly expensive and your advert can be translated into a variety of languages if you think that it might have 'international' appeal (must sound like I'm working on commission for GA but, sadly, no - just relating our experience!)

Good luck with your sale!

http://uk.green-acres.com/
Jim
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

House network if in uk. Pay then about £600 and they do just about everything a trad estate agent does except rip you off.
If you can keep your head when all around you are panicking.......you have probably not seen the whole picture.
CSE

Post by CSE »

On-Line Selling Yourself
Ok how much do you want for your body and in what condition is it? :)
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

Best offer today
If you can keep your head when all around you are panicking.......you have probably not seen the whole picture.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

cysgod y coed wrote:... they do just about everything a trad estate agent does except rip you off.
Like most people, I'd guess, I've had my share of feckless and (in one case) dishonest property agents. But it's worth remembering that not all agents are basket cases. A few, like the agent that handled our recent sale, are highly professional, very knowledgeable and a great asset to buyer/seller during a tricky sale. Indeed, without our agent's tact, gentle humour, moderating influence and steady hand on the tiller during protracted and occasionally acrimonious negotiations, it's likely the sale wouldn't have gone through.

I'd love to recommend her, but she was recently headhunted by a major auction chain to work in their commercial property section. As in gite rentals, quality will out!
Jim
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

Point taken but Internet only estate agents are fully qualified and the only thing missing is a high St presence
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I was thinking about using an online agent if I sell my apartment, but I still needed a knowledgeable local agent to give me an accurate valuation. Although the online sites do provide valuations, they are only based on land registry 'sold' prices and take no account of local market demand or your own improvements. The agent I called in was very professional and his valuation surprised me (in a positive way). His agency has a reputation as the 'go to' place for luxury apartments and I know that he will have applicants looking for a place like mine. Not everyone checks Rightmove daily themselves. He has offered me a deal at 0.85% commission, which will work out considerably higher than an online agency but I think I will recoup the difference by gaining more targeted exposure to people looking for what I am offering and obtaining the best possible offer.