Leak in infinity pool

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Old Bill

Post by Old Bill »

We've now located the leak. Any views on what is the best material to fill it up with please? The two leading candidates seem to be epoxy putty and colle epoxy (epoxy glue), which you apply with a syringe.
teapot

Post by teapot »

A bit more detail on the leak, location etc would help
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
Old Bill

Post by Old Bill »

It's a crack running for a few inches along the base of the concrete wall dividing the main pool from the overflow, along the join between the wall and the floor of the pool.
teapot

Post by teapot »

A common place for a crack as pool builders in france don't seem to make use of the bentonite or similar water sealing strip which really should be used between the joint when made if it isn't poured in one go.

Baring in mind I am at the computer not actually there, I would drill each end of the crack to prevent or try to prevent it running. from this hole you maybe able to see if there is any void underneath which may need opening up to get a complete fill in the area. It can help to enlarge the crack to get enough material into this to form a good plug of the crack. the slot in this case should be wider at the back than the front to prevent any force attempting to push out the filler.

If there is a void or evidence of movement you may consider stainless steel crack ties etc but hopefully it's not as bad as that.

Vacuum all dust out as that dust would provide a slip line and plug with a cementitious filler which may also contain polymers/epoxy. look at the Mapei range or similar. I use Ardex and laticrete products but hard to find in france.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
Old Bill

Post by Old Bill »

Thanks very much Teapot, that will be very useful.
teapot

Post by teapot »

Couldn't find this link this morning but it's BASF available in Europe naturally and used by my colleagues coming highly reccomended not used this one personally.

http://www.thoroproducts.com/pdf_info/w ... lSheet.pdf
Old Bill

Post by Old Bill »

Thanks again Teapot, noted.
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

Old Bill

Post by Old Bill »

Thanks. Promises to be a better solution than putting a lining around the entire pool plus overflow.
teapot

Post by teapot »

RichardHenshall wrote:It's been renamed:

http://www.master-builders-solutions.ba ... terSeal590
Thanks Richard, that's maybe why I couldn't find the link. not had the need to use it but colleagues rate it very highly.