rental contracts in french

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
pommiers

rental contracts in french

Post by pommiers »

Hello all

This is my first post and 1st venture into marketing my property to French holiday makers. I have a contract in English but am a little wary of using the translation function to create a French version as it invariably provides the odd howler which is not exactly conducive to a good impression, let alone a binding contract.

Does anyone have one that they would be kind enough to mail me to adapt, or can point me in the right direction to find one myself.

Thanks
He who laughs last didn't get the joke
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

Welcome Pommiers:

http://www.abritel.fr/info/guide-propri ... t-location

This may be a good starting point...I'm sure someone will come along with their version, too.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Here's my English version http://www.samoensalpineholiday.com/Terms.html

and if you click on the flag at the top of he page, you can view the French version. It was translated into French by a native speaker.
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

That's a useful one, thanks Kev...but a quick comment: is your damage deposit 250€ or 300€ (varies between 2 paragraphs, unless I'm misreading it)
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Zingara wrote:That's a useful one, thanks Kev...but a quick comment: is your damage deposit 250€ or 300€ (varies between 2 paragraphs, unless I'm misreading it)
You may have spotted a mistake! I do have another property where the deposit is 300 so it could be a cut/paste error. Will check tonight, thanks.
pommiers

rental contracts in French

Post by pommiers »

Thanks to all who replied, and special thanks to Kev, whose contract I have used as a template for my own.
He who laughs last didn't get the joke