please review our website.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
noud

please review our website.

Post by noud »

I would like to get some points of view. I think I´m tunnel visioned and would like to improve the whole thing.
We do get the ocasional approval of some of our clients.

www.thuisopmadeira.nl
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Hi. Just had a very quick peek - is there a 'translate' button anywhere? Couldn't see one & if you want bookings from the UK you will need a translation I think.

House does look lovely although some more inside pictures would be nice, unless they are there but I missed them because of the language.
aasta

Post by aasta »

hello and welcome to LMH!! Lovely place!! I agree with anya that more pictures of the house interior are needed.
aasta
kg1

Post by kg1 »

"Kyreniagirl, to translate you click on the UK flag on the right hand side."

Yup - you're right, did say it was a quick look :oops:
CSE

Post by CSE »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Technical stuff:
The website is not mobile friendly.
It seems that you have your CSS styles included in the code for the page not in the head of the page. This makes the website rather "heavy" thus taking time to load. Also maybe think about optimize images. This would also help page loading speeds. The rest is pretty impressive. Never seen some coding added that you have made on other websites put up for review. Well done.

Presentation:
The top banner is rather dull.
Some of your galleries have no description of the image.
The link to Restaurante Chico is not working.
Cannot check your reviews on Zoover without logging in.
Something seems to be wrong with the links on this page.
http://www.thuisopmadeira.nl/madeira-ho ... n-madeira/
Found similar errors on other pages in the same "menu button".
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I'm not sure why you have squashed it all into a column in the centre. Designs and screens are becoming wider, so a full width design is desirable. I can see you've used the margin on the right for some bits and pieces but the margin on the left is never used and always empty. As it's not defined as a %, so it never shrinks. Then to make it worse, the text also has huge left and right margins.

The page is fluid to some degree but these margins will make it hard to display on mobile devices.

As casasantoestevo said, all the CSS seems to be embedded making the page bloated. I can see it's a Wordpress site but this still doesn't explain why this has happened.

The white URLs in the text don't work for me.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

kevsboredagain wrote: the margin on the left is never used and always empty.
That depends on your local system.

In my case, for example, I see Google ads for competitive properties on HomeAway. Its all dependent on what the webiste visitor has been doing previous, or in Kevin's case what adblocker may be in force.

I'm not sure this is a good use of the screen space in a rental website.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

e-richard wrote:
kevsboredagain wrote: the margin on the left is never used and always empty.
That depends on your local system.
In reference to the website under review only.
noud

Post by noud »

thank you all for your comments. We started ot get the site Mobile friendly. Google says it is now. We are not completely satisfied with the way it looks now but as we have a 4 langauage site it is a bit dificult to get a good template for free.
Your comments about the pictures i thank you for that and we started producing new pictures. Problem is we live in the house during winter and we have to bring the rooms back in renting appearance... no mess on pictures etc etc. and waiting for a gorgeous day to take pics from the inside displaying our view on the ocean. Clouds don´t sell !
When all is done i will be back.
Again thank you all.
CSE

Post by CSE »

but as we have a 4 langauage site it is a bit dificult to get a good template for free.
But costs are low
Wordpress: http://themeforest.net/search?utf8=%E2% ... &platform=
HTML: http://themeforest.net/category/site-te ... &view=list
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.