Calendars for website

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
teapot

Post by teapot »

kevsboredagain wrote:Many people here use Dateblocker and I used to as well.

Now I use www.ajaxavailabilitycalendar.com as I can host it myself and not be dependent on a 3rd party website being available.
Thanks Kev, I wondered what you used as I particularly liked your calendar and the ability to scroll forward in years. Has that meant any off in the future bookings?

Everyone has a better website than me. time to get to work!
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

teapot wrote:
kevsboredagain wrote:Many people here use Dateblocker and I used to as well.

Now I use www.ajaxavailabilitycalendar.com as I can host it myself and not be dependent on a 3rd party website being available.
Thanks Kev, I wondered what you used as I particularly liked your calendar and the ability to scroll forward in years. Has that meant any off in the future bookings?
Not really as I don't have prices defined for way in the future.

BTW this calendar must be tweaked slightly to make it responsive but the change is only a couple of lines of CSS
teapot

Post by teapot »

Ok what tweaks, I will make a start on the new site soon I hope, it's on my ever growing list of things but first i must buy a salad spinner.

We took a booking for a wedding couple 2 years ahead and some of their family booked with the relly's near by so always worth having the feature I think.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

teapot wrote:Ok what tweaks
Detailed here: http://forum.ajaxavailabilitycalendar.c ... =26&t=2015
GRL

Post by GRL »

WE USE Brolmo.com
teapot

Post by teapot »

Many thanks both.
I did get delusions of grandeur and wanted a calendar that on mouse over would pop up the price of the week. Nothing unusal for me :roll:
johnandtahra

Post by johnandtahra »

Just a quick question about calendars. Is there a summary of what calendars work with the various listing sites anywhere?

Ideally, we'd like to have a single 'master' calendar that whatever listing sites or websites we have all feed into, so that the availability of the property is synchronised throughout.

I'm fairly tech savvy but ideally would like something that's pretty much ready to go - does such a thing exist?

thanks.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I think Essar has the most linked calendars of any LMH member. See the post higher up the thread. Somewhere there is a very comprehensive explanation of his system.

I myself use one for my website as it can be made responsive but then use Google for ical and the sites that support it. This works for me because I save all the booking details and set reminders in Google but it's not a one calendar does all solution.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Thanks kba.

Try this and this.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"