Guest hasn't replied to my request for payment.

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Fleur wrote:Maybe the late payers are waiting for pay day at the end of this week.
+1

A lot of companies pay on the last Thursday of the month so that may be spot on.
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

Never thought of that being now retired and before that self employed with no employees!
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

Hmm,

only just signed up to Booking.com, asked one guest for CC details as we don't take American express, and they promptly removed the booking.

Not the best site for ads I think.

K
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.
waterwitch

Post by waterwitch »

Glad I'm not the only one in this awkward position - I have a balance due a couple of days ago and they have emailed saying they can only pay in two week's time on pay day! This is for Easter - I've t hought about it and I'm going to keep to my T&C's and tell them the cottage will be relisted and they risk losing the booking. I feel a bit harsh doing this but would Thomas Cook or another holiday company be soft? No.

This has only ever happened once before when I gave a week's grace which ended up being two weeks before the balance came in. In hindsight, after turned out to be the worst guests ever, I should have known they were trouble cancelled it there and then.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Don't feel harsh waterwitch. It's one thing to agree to a different timescale as I just have with a particular booking but guests can't inflict their cashflow difficulties on you. Can they pay by card? That way they are delaying payment two weeks at their end anyway.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

We've had this from time to time over the years. As if they don't know when their pay day is when they make the booking and can't plan ahead.

No, Thomas Cook etc. would not be so understanding ....
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Did they pay you yet, Jemima?