Scam - Dr David Wells

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Marc

Scam - Dr David Wells

Post by Marc »

Hi everybody

If you receive a mail from Dr David Wells please be aware that this is a scam.

When I received the first email it didn't seem right to me so I put his name into Google and the results showed that there was a Dr David Wells listed in organisations similar to those in the scam mail.

The scammers seem to be using the names of real people but you will always know when the scam hits.

I have copied his last email to me below.

Keep safe

Marc

Hi,
I received your mail with thanks. Meanwhile I appreciate your assistance so far .I am glad to tell you that we have concluded payment with the delegates.

However, a Certified Bank Cheque of 9,500 Euros was earlier made out by the Christian organization, for a apartment whose services was more than the standard of what your apartment is offering to us now. Which was meant for the accommodation, provision for travelling and other necessary arrangement.
I have now been instructed to send you the check,which will cover the cost of accommodation and all other necessary travelling arrangement for the delegates.
Moreover, we also made an arrangement with a pre paid car hiring firm who will supply the delegates with cars they will use during their stay.
So you are required to deduct the cost of your services 2,400 euros and send the balance of 7,100 Euros via western union money transfer, to the logistics agent whose information will be forwarded to you as soon as possible.
So confirm this and provide me with your

(1) YOUR FULL NAME

(2) ADDRESS

(3)PHONE NUMBER, for payment to be delivered to you via courier.
Please remember that the integrity of our agency is involved, so this business requires prompt response. I also hope the stay of the delegates will be made comfortable.

Best Regards,
Dr David Wells.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Marc

I had this one a few days ago too.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Hi everyone,
We think we have had a similar scam from a Dr Sami Hajjar but he claimed to be booking our apartment for his friends honeymoon so it was a secret. He claimed to be serving on an american ship in the persian gulf so there was no contact for him on land. He claimed that he had an agent that would send us a large cheque and we would have to take out the costs of the apartment then forward a cheque for the remainder to his agent. He wanted my full name and address.
When we questioned him , on several "E" mails he would not supply information but kept on about the cheque and needing our names and addresses. We did not proceed.

Please be warned..
giofed

Post by giofed »

Hi all and this is my version of it....

"Hi,
Thanks for your email response.Please note that I am very glad to hear that you have availibilty at the desired dates. Meanwhile I want you to understand that my four children will be coming for the holidays. Note below the Names and ages of my children:

1:Name: Bill Wells .....age------ 19
2:Name:Clara Wells .....age-----21
3:Name: Philip Wells ......age------23
4:Name: Michael Wells.....age------25

However, be inform that I want to send you the payment so that the accomodation can be reserve for them. Note that I have accepted the price of Euro 2,020 .00 as payment for there total stay in your place. I want you to understand that I will be adding more Euro 3,980.00 to that price because I will like you to please receive the money before they will arrive, so that you can give it to them in cash as soon as they arrive your place to enable them can use the money for any expenses they need to make.

Note that I will be sending you a certified bank Cheque in the amount of Euro 6,000,00 and you are required to receive the payment and take the cost of your accomodation Euro 2,020 .00 and then hold the balance of Euro 3,980.00 that you will give to them in cash as soon as they arrive your place. Please kindly confirm this and respond back to me with your informations so that a certified bank Cheque can be made out in your name and be send to you without any delay.

Your are required to send me the below informations so that the payment can be made out to you without delays.
(1) YOUR FULL NAME

(2) ADDRESS

(3)PHONE NUMBER, for payment to be delivered to you via courier.
Please remember that the safety is very important,I will want you to get back to me and assure me that the stay of my children will be made comfortable.

I look forward to receiving your informations soon,

Best wishes,
Dr. David Wells."

Not much fantasy these guys...