Does anyone do a Monday changeover?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
johnandtahra

Does anyone do a Monday changeover?

Post by johnandtahra »

I'm just curious how that works out, and what the consensus is. The reason I ask is that it's by far the most convenient day for us to organise changeovers, but if the recommendation was strongly against a Monday changeover we might be able to change to a different day.

Thanks.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Many opt for Friday to Friday as this gives you the option for short breaks: Friday to Monday for 3-nights and Monday to Friday for 4-nights.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
johnandtahra

Post by johnandtahra »

Yeah, the reason for M->M is simply that my wife works p/t and M is one of the non-working days. Maybe she could shuffle it around to work the M and not the F..... hmmmmm...
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

Monday to Friday is a quite popular option as is Friday to Monday. Short breaks can command 80% of the weekly rate making back to backs quite profitable. 85% of our owners do short breaks like this and many with greater flexiblity.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

May not be in the least bit relevant but my changeover day is on a Tuesday and that has worked well for many years now.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
lester1meg

Post by lester1meg »

If you're expecting your wife to do the changeovers, shouldn't you ask her what she wants to do?

Or perhaps you could do the changeovers and she could have her day off!
jenboyle1959

Post by jenboyle1959 »

We have three flats now, and I'm trying to stagger my changeover days so I'm not running about like a daftie trying to do three in a day. I'll let you know how it goes- it's a bit of a logistic nightmare, but short breaks and Monday to Fridays have always been quite popular in Millport.
insidestoryphoto

Post by insidestoryphoto »

I remember how we worried about moving from a Saturday changeover to a Friday. In the end it made no difference whatsover - except that we still get lots of enquiries giving us a Saturday as a start date.
What the change to Friday did was make it slightly easier to offer short breaks (these can be be very well worth while financially).

It might be worth checking to see if any other properties offer Monday as a changeover day and then try and gauge how their bookings look, though I know that can be difficult.
www.insidestoryphotography.co.uk
Google Trusted Photographer for Google Virtual Tours
johnandtahra

Post by johnandtahra »

I think T can change from working Wed-Fri (hence the Monday changeover) to Tues-Thu, with Fridays off if need be. I can't do changeovers as I need to work f/t. Just how it is.

Anyway, it's getting exciting as we start to check off the various renovation jobs prior to 'availability ground zero' (i.e. start of May)....