Ooops - another kitchen incident!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
PW in Polemi

Ooops - another kitchen incident!

Post by PW in Polemi »

When your husband is busy making pate, and has got to the "stuff it all in the blender" stage, it's not a good idea to disrupt his attention. It is so easy for the "right hand puts lid on, then left hand turns machine on" process to be switched around ... :shock: :oops:

Face, specs, clothes, kitchen walls, floor, table tops - it's amazing how far the pate whooshed!

Never mind - it all washed off and I'm sure the bottoms of the wall cupboards really needed a scrub. :roll:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I'm guessing it was a 'duck' pate! :lol:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Susie Jane wrote:I'm guessing it was a 'duck' pate! :lol:
That registered a 6.2 on my MkIV Groan-o-meter.

The best I could come up with immediately was "chuckin' liver pate", so it must be time to withdraw into my dark corner and hibernate.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Groan - quackers the lot of you! :wink:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Susie Jane wrote:I'm guessing it was a 'duck' pate! :lol:
Nah - just a very smooth spreadable chicken liver pate - much appreciated by the cat who helped in the post-mishap clean-up! :lol:
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Calamity kitchen strikes again ... :roll:

When you've made your batter for Yorkshire puddings, do not, repeat DO NOT pour it into a rather floppy 12 pud silicone tray that you omitted to first stand on a metal sheet. Cat round ankles, vociferously demanding food, plus aforesaid floppy tray being tricky to slide into the oven = pudding batter slopped ... well, let's just say the post-cooking cleanup was more extensive than usual :oops:

And if you have a recipe for a coffee and walnut tray bake, do not assume you can fill large-muffin-sized silicone cases with the mix and have it come out the same texture in a different shape :roll: Took almost twice as long to cook and ended up a bit dry. Never mind, that's where my secret weapon comes in - butterless butter icing. :D

Just so you don't get the impression that all I do in the kitchen goes wrong, I'm pleased to report that the 2 loaves of Guernsey gache were fine, as was the batch of orange cakuits (a cross between cake and biscuit) :lol: And the fruit'n'nut oaties work well spooned into silicone cases, rather than messily fiddling with a lined baking tray and a scone cutter. :D
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Have you ever considered the virtue of restaurants, PW?

M
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Oh yes, Mols. Going to one tonight, in fact! :lol: