My First FlipKey Booking1

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

My First FlipKey Booking1

Post by Sam V »

This weekend I received my first FlipKey booking. WOOHOO!

Now I need to get all the info into my PIMs system and send him his booking details and ask him to complete the booking form. Now I'm getting confused by FKs payments; what he's paid to them and what I get! The original email from them states is a booking for £691.20 but when I print out the payment details on FK that fee includes £66.20 'Booking Fee' but is that the fee they will deduct from me or him or both, which then messes up the balance I need to show on my booking!

The booking is for 7 nights but FK has also included a £100 'Short Break service charge', which I cant find if or where I set this up, but I would have set it for stays of less than a week if I had! but he also requested pool heating, which again, I cant find if I had added a selection box for that but the £100 service charge covers most of it so that's not a problem.

This is more fiddly to sort out than I'd hoped!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

The way I get around this confusion is to simply omit reference to payment amounts in all emails and simply comment that the guest pays FlipKey as requested and agreed between FK and Guest.

Yes, its a whole new set of templates, but you can use them for all commission based sites.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Looks like it's PIMs o'clock for me (again) tonight then!

So, what about the security deposit, will that be paid to me to refund to them or does FlipKey pay that that to me to handle?

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

kg1

Post by kg1 »

If you are commission based then FK hold the damage deposit & refund it if all is OK - same as HL.

If you are subscription then if if you have activated on line payments it's the same as above, if you haven't then guest pays it to you & you return it.
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

It's a commission listing.

I spent a while yesterday trying to figure it all out! So here goes:

1: email from FK

YOU HAVE RECEIVED A PENDING BOOKING FOR £691.20

- checked PIMS, all ok to accept booking.

2: guest books and pays

- great, now I need to add everything to PIMS, but how does the payment break down between guest, me and FK?

3: FK dashboard -

Bookings

Paid £991.2
7 nights - £525 (perfect!)
Short break service charge - £100 (? Not required for 7 nights!)
Booking fee- £66.2 (my fee or guest fee?) - actually, it's the guest fee to FK!
Total - £691.2 (but that's no what I actually get is it!)
Damage Deposit - £300 (the guest has also paid this up front, but after searching through help FK hold ont that until x days after the booking.

But this doesn't add up! Where's the commission I pay to FK?

Payment History -(finally there it is!)
Pending Transfer:
Rental rate: £625.00 Commission £15.75

So why can't my commission also be listed with Bookings? And, why can't they list them as proper debits and credits!?

Casscat

Post by Casscat »

It all sounds terribly complicated to me :shock:
kg1

Post by kg1 »

I had the same confusion with HL bookings. Could not work out the figures until Aspire7 pointed out that commission 3% is + VAT!! Then it made sense.

I have actually asked fir my TA listing to be administered by HL as I am on commission with them anyway and FK just confuses
me.
Devil and Deep Blue Sea comes to mind.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I had my first Flipkey booking last year. Took me by surprise!

As far as I remember it worked the same way as HL. Guest paid booking fee. I was charged 3 or 4% ...