PHP/MySQL hosting recommendations (UK)?

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
johnandtahra

PHP/MySQL hosting recommendations (UK)?

Post by johnandtahra »

Looking for a PHP/MySQL hosting plan in the UK that's capable of hosting a responsive property site (mainly HTML5) with elements of PHP (mainly for email section and also the calendar/availability control, which is also why a single MySQL DB is required).

Looking mainly at 5quidhost.co.uk and their inexpensive plans, but concerned about uptime and the responsiveness of their hosting. I can host the larger images, etc., on AWS S3/CloudFront CDN for buttons, but would prefer to keep everything in the same place for now.

What are others using?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I can thoroughly recommend Webhosting UK
The costs are reasonable, the uptime is incredibly good, but above all else, their tech support is very responsive, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.

I have quite a number of small independent websites hosted with them plus, of course the PIMS Virtual Server.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I'm using tso host. No real issues and those I've had were usually quickly resolved. My one awful one was when I woke up one morning to a sustained hacking attempt. I had hundreds of email notifications from my site security wordfence and tso had taken my site offline despite the fact that I hadn't been hacked. Just a computer decided that my site was at risk. I got my site checked over and nothing was found so I lived to fight another day and they put it back up the same day.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I'm with Hosthero. Cheezy name but I've been very pleased for several years now and the tech support is great. My only comparison was some US hosting I had before which I wouldn't recommend.