Rip In Pool Liner

For anything to do with the garden and pool
teapot

Post by teapot »

KathyG wrote: It was a company called covers4pools and yes they do supply Portugal, the chap I spoke to though has stopped answering his emails.....
Yes I know John, bound to be really busy around this time.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

And blue please :lol:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

KathyG - yes, that price included them fitting the border. OH's back and my knees are not up to that sort of work :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

From my experience the variations in price for supply and fitting of pool liners is enormous.
We had a quote for a liner, with underlay supply and fit with a border for a pool 6m x11m with a inverted pyramid deep end of about 2 m from one company for €6000 (rounded)
Ended up going with another local company for exactly the same thing for €3000. Took 2 days and was well done.
Whatever you do, shop around !
What would Plato do ?
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Not terribly physically taxing though PW. I can put up a few photos of us fitting it if you want an idea of the process.....
Last edited by KathyG on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Ah yes, KathyG - a whole liner is a different matter. Ours was a border only - and our own pool is more than 2m deep at one end, so the border is fitted from the top, leaning down. Saves water too as you only have to drop the level to just below where the border will finish.
mi casa

Post by mi casa »

Hi All, Manager fixed the rip in the liner and we have ordered a border from border choice in Cyprus who have been very helpful Thank ýou PW for the recommendation. Also thanks to everyone else for your help. Will post a pic when it is all finished. We head out to Portugal on April 10th for three weeks to get ready for the 'season'. Hope we get some down time while there. There is always so much to do and when we get home everyone says "did you have a lovely holiday"! Some holiday but at least the sun should be shining and the wine is cheap!! :D
Would love to retire but can't so will have to keep doing the lottery!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Exactly the same for us mi casa, our first guests are in on April 2nd and we're only getting 2 weeks this time to get everything sorted! Haven't had a holiday in 11 years now, maintenance trips are all we ever get.
Kathy
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Hi mi casa
Glad to have been of assistance! I'm sure you'll be as pleased with your new Border Choice border as we were/still are.
:D