Classified ads in the Sundays

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
HoneypotCottages

Post by HoneypotCottages »

I have always said no to nationals because of the price quoted and generally I don't tend to bother with magazines however I poked my toe in the water recently with a property magazine but so far nothing (£70.00 for 1 month) - the thought process being that people looking to buy in the area, might fancy staying in a cottage whilst looking for a house. This may come to fruition as the weather improves but would rely on somebody keeping the advert from that month (March) for future reference. I wasn't prepared to pay for a 6 / 12 month run of ads.

Country Walking & Country Gardener magazines year before last produced nothing.....assuming that anyone who enquired would have said they saw our ad in either of the above publications. Again, that was for 1 or 2 months (£50/£70), not a full year as too expensive.

I have recently had discussions with a marketing agency and am looking forward to trying some different suggestions. I doubt many / any will be magazine based :0/
Andy Smith