Any constructive comments for our new site? Please be gentle

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
gardennorm

Any constructive comments for our new site? Please be gentle

Post by gardennorm »

Hi all,

We have recently redesigned our property rental site and would love to hear your thoughts and constructive criticism!

http://aegeanescapes.com

Many thanks
Neil
Skopelos villas - Holiday villas to rent in Greece
Kayaking Greece - Sea kayaking holidays in Skopelos
louloup

Post by louloup »

I looked at one villa and fell in love with it, but couldn't find any indication of tarifs. I did skip the dense text before the photos, so if it was in there, my apologies, but my quick look is probably how people do skim things now.
If it was possible, I would put some photos before the text as well and some clear information, how many bedrooms & how much.
teapot

Post by teapot »

Very clever photo display but of the pictures I moused over, or clicked on, many seem to be the same/almost the size image making it a little tedious to click through, re sizing the images to be more consistent IMO, not sure what others say about that?

The text from my perspective tends to ramble and sub headings would break up the block of text and allow readers to read the features they want without pouring over the entire text. Attention span of some viewers is very short and only a couple of seconds on a page especially one with a lot of text.

I agree about the tariffs, if they are not on show it means another email or moving on to another site. It has to be very easy for people to find the info they want.

Overall a good looking site, the text is a little hard to read as it seems to have an effect placed on it.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I love Skopelos and would be attracted to your site, but the challenge for you is to make it accessible to a variety of people noting that you have several disparate properties for rental, both self catering accommodation and hotels. It might help guide people if the 'holiday accommodation' page gave an indication of the number of people each property is designed to accommodate so that as a viewer I would be able to click directly on to those most likely to suit my needs.

I agree that there absolutely has to be a tariff and an availability calendar. I am unlikely to enquire about a property without at least some indication as to what the weekly rental rate is.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Looks fab! and you have some wonderful photos. I want to come and stay!

But, the very first thing that internet surfers want (in fact, NEED) to know is how many people the property sleeps. A simple way to do this would be just to put it next to the villa's name on your Home page eg. Villa Antonio - sleeps 8 or 4 bedrooms(sleeps 8)...something like that?

Then, when I click on that villa I would love to see a bullet list of the property's main highlights before you start giving details. i.e.
  • 4 ensuite bedrooms
    countryside views
    heated pool
    free wifi

car not necessary
....or whatever.

As Casscat says you also need prices.

Remember, people looking on the internet have very short attention spans - you need to draw them in fast.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I like the look and feel of the site as it's a little different to the traditional layouts, although the logo could be a little more part of the page instead of a square in the corner.

What I didn't like is the navigation. The site lists several properties and even hotels. If I am with a group, looking for somewhere to stay, how do I know which ones are suitable for me? Must I really click on every single one and read all the text to find out? That choice should be clear from the home page.

On each property page, there was a little too much paragraph text and not enough summary. ie. it's quite hard work comparing one against another.

Banner advertising at the bottom. I wouldn't lower the quality of the site with such money making schemes.

It was built using the Enfold Wordpress theme in case anyone visiting his thread wishes to try something similar.
gardennorm

Post by gardennorm »

Thank you everyone for taking the time to add your comments about our site, it is very helpful to get such good quality feedback.

I will start work on implementing the comments made. :D
Skopelos villas - Holiday villas to rent in Greece
Kayaking Greece - Sea kayaking holidays in Skopelos
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

I had a look at your site this morning and found it very easy to find out everything I want to know. Having read the other posts it is obvious you have done the necessary work on it and it is now very effective. The properties look fabulous and I want to go there!
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

tavi wrote:Looks fab! and you have some wonderful photos. I want to come and stay!

But, the very first thing that internet surfers want (in fact, NEED) to know is how many people the property sleeps. A simple way to do this would be just to put it next to the villa's name on your Home page eg. Villa Antonio - sleeps 8 or 4 bedrooms(sleeps 8)...something like that?

Then, when I click on that villa I would love to see a bullet list of the property's main highlights before you start giving details. i.e.
  • 4 ensuite bedrooms
    countryside views
    heated pool
    free wifi

car not necessary
....or whatever.

As Casscat says you also need prices.

Remember, people looking on the internet have very short attention spans - you need to draw them in fast.
Fab pictures - really inviting but as said above I would not sit and open every villa to see how many it slept. You have done it for Anatoli House but you need it for all the villas.
annedab

Post by annedab »

Nice site and lovely pictures, but I would echo the other replies. Anyone visiting the site really needs to be able to quickly see how many people each villa accommodates without clicking on every one.
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?