Freetobook

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Essar wrote:Nope.
Only PIMS & MyVRZone do this.
Thks
PIMS does not sync with HomeAway calendars. I think you need a certain number of properties for HA to issue the info to allow PIMS to sync. Someone please correct me if this is info is incorrect.

thks
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

PIMS does sync with Homeaway according to my account.
You need to register all your properties with your HomeAway account manager before setting up this synchronisation.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Nemo wrote:PIMS does sync with Homeaway according to my account.
You need to register all your properties with your HomeAway account manager before setting up this synchronisation.
Thks Nemo - how many properties do you have? I just have 2 and inquired and HA said that I needed a greater number - I think it was 5.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I'm not with Homeaway, I just copied that from PIMS. e-richard will have the correct information and I'm sure will be happy to answer if you email or message him.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Yes, I know its confusing !

in January 2014, HomeAway changed their entire sync system and opened it up only to large customers of theirs. Originally defined as 10 or more properties, I got them to reduce it to 5.

Prior to Jan 2014, PIMS had a proprietary sync system with HomeAway, and they made a special case that allowed all EXISTING PIMS users at Jan 2014 to subscribe to the new system automatically. (Nemo, thats why you slipped under the Radar :-) )

All owners/managers who subscribed after Jan 2014 need to go through some tortuous process to be "accepted" by HomeAway.

The benefit of the new system, however, is that it also syncs VRBO and all other HA sites, including OwnersDirect when subscribed as an add-on to HomeAway.

Last time I spoke to Neil at MyVRZone he told me that he uses a different methodology to sync with HomeAway. One that does not require HomeAway "permission" as it relies on MyVRZone "logging in" for you to your HomeAway account. I am not sure if this works for all HomeAway sites.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !