right, now I'm on Twitter...any advice welcome.

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Essar

Post by Essar »

greenbarn wrote:
Rosie wrote: I have found a good friend who I last contact with years ago!
That's my nightmare scenario and why I don't use Twitterbook. If I lost contact with a friend it's for a very good reason, probably because I owed them money. What's the point of moving several hundred miles and covering all my tracks only to go and announce my existence and whereabouts to all my creditors? :wink:
You could join the site called "Witness Protection" :lol:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

Nemo wrote:That's amazing Lindisfarne.
What's the secret to your success there do you think?
The secret ?

Have a look at our website lindisfarnecottages.co.uk

All will become clear 8) 8)

That and a lot of hard work !!!!!!
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

CSE

Post by CSE »

Can never keep up with twitter. ploughing through some old tweets and find that a load more have been posted . However have learnt some things about the wine of this area and tourism in Spain. But just like FB some rubbish out there too.
Secrets ? Would love to read about them too.
Once tried Buffer.
https://buffer.com/
and tweetdeck
https://about.twitter.com/products/tweetdeck
Overcome by the amount of information flowing my way.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
tavi

Post by tavi »

casasantoestevo wrote:Can never keep up with twitter. ploughing through some old tweets and find that a load more have been posted . However have learnt some things about the wine of this area and tourism in Spain. But just like FB some rubbish out there too.
Secrets ? Would love to read about them too.

Overcome by the amount of information flowing my way.
agree with you - it all feels kinda non-user-friendly and there's so much rubbish floating onto my feed (none of you lot I hasten to add), but am going to persist for a while longer.

:)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The feed will overwhelm which is why I find it's critical to use lists and also participate in the hashtag hours so you actually talk to people. I have several Norfolk lists for example so if I want to retweet tourist info for example, I can find something relevant really quickly.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I know I should get into Twitter, especially as I'm starting to create my "F O Big Corporations" strategy :lol: , but I confess it's totally and utterly beyond me. Hashtags? Lists? You may as well be talking a different language :cry:. And Lindisfarne - how on earth did you get all those followers - and more to the point, how on earth do you follow so many people?

Is there, somewhere, an Idiots' Guide To Twitter For People Who Really Don't Want to Twit But Haven't Got Any Choice?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I read this a while back and seem to think I found it useful but I wasn't a complete beginner at the time. Written by a Norfolk girl. :wink:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00LH1O ... ot_redir=1
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Thanks for that, Nemo - I'll have a look. Any other suggestions welcome 8)
CSE

Post by CSE »

Tavi you should look around for Hash tags that suit your business and location.
add your website link occasionally too. Not via a shorten link either.
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

French Cricket wrote:I know I should get into Twitter, especially as I'm starting to create my "F O Big Corporations" strategy :lol: , but I confess it's totally and utterly beyond me. Hashtags? Lists? You may as well be talking a different language :cry:. And Lindisfarne - how on earth did you get all those followers - and more to the point, how on earth do you follow so many people?

Is there, somewhere, an Idiots' Guide To Twitter For People Who Really Don't Want to Twit But Haven't Got Any Choice?
Twitter is like Facebook in the manner that when you start something you have few friend/likes but as time goes on they naturally increase.

Don't worry at all about Twitter lists and #hour initially

People will find and follow you and in turn you can follow them back. You will also find people and subjects that interest you so naturally follow them

It's all very easy just dip your toe in the water and hey your off !

BTW You don't have to do it - only do it if you want to and have the time
:)
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Lindisfarne wrote: Don't worry at all about Twitter lists and #hour initially

People will find and follow you and in turn you can follow them back. You will also find people and subjects that interest you so naturally follow them
You make it all sound so simple, Lindisfarne :lol: . How many hours do you spend on Twitter every day?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Lindisfarne wrote: Twitter is like Facebook in the manner that when you start something you have few friend/likes but as time goes on they naturally increase.

Don't worry at all about Twitter lists and #hour initially

Well I will challenge you there about lists and #hour because rather than be a worry - they were the best thing I found to get me started!

Lists aren't necessary, but having started right from the beginning then I find them a god send. I wouldn't want to arrange 1500 people into lists now and I would also have no way of filtering out an absolutely overwhelming newsfeed!

I also like connecting with people in my area as I am an off site owner. So joining in #norfolkhour was an obvious place to start. :wink:
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Would one of you be able to explain lists and hours and hash tags to a numpty cricket? :? :lol:
tavi

Post by tavi »

I've discovered that if I see a post with lots of hashtags and I click on the hashtag i.e: #algarve - I get lots of people/stuff relating to Algarve. I suppose I can then retweet them, follow them, or reply to their Tweets. The same, I guess will happen if I stick the same hashtag into one of my posts.

Haven't even found anywhere to put my lists and also looked for #algarvehour but not found yet.

Have found a few pages to follow.

Other than that, nothing interesting to report. Yawn.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Follow and respond is the way.
I recently found an article about the wines from this area being sold in New York. When we can (on average) purchase a bottle for around 5 to 9€ I find 12$ a glass very high. I made a comment and added a link to the Wall Street Journal article. That got added to am online newspaper. This is not the first time and before it has gained me followers. This time none. Still it is a good ego boost.
We have gained a small bit of business with those interested in wines staying with us.
So yes link to on line articles. Follow other interact some times. But you cannot do it 48 :o hours a day.