right, now I'm on Twitter...any advice welcome.

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Tavi; Just found this.
http://www.cntraveller.com/recommended/ ... l-holidays
Is an area you are in included within the article?
Then there is this open question...
https://twitter.com/Catavino/status/585471653498454016
respond with at (your buiness name and website) we prefer xxxx.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
tavi

Post by tavi »

thanks for the suggestions Casa - will take a look.
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

French Cricket wrote: You make it all sound so simple, Lindisfarne :lol: . How many hours do you spend on Twitter every day?
About 30 minutes a day
:)
Nemo wrote: Well I will challenge you there about lists and #hour because rather than be a worry - they were the best thing I found to get me started!
My reply was really directed to FC as I checked and there are no #hours in the Pyrenees. Lists fair enough but just get a few Tweets out and off you go
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Lindisfarne wrote: I checked and there are no #hours in the Pyrenees.
Ahhhhh - so that's why I always seem to work a 26 hour day :lol:
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've remembered one that suits us all. #traveltuesday. It's not an hour but can be used all day.
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

French Cricket wrote: Ahhhhh - so that's why I always seem to work a 26 hour day :lol:
No rest for the Cricket !
:P

tavi

Post by tavi »

Good morning all:

Two queries if anyone's got a minute sometime...........

LISTS: How do I find/create/join LISTS? In fact, what (in words of not more than one syllable please), is the point of a list?

My TWITTER page: The only photos that will appear on my Twitter page will be ones I posted directly on there or directly on my FB. correct? Therefore too much shared stuff makes my Twitter-feed look boring. Correct?

Thanks.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Lists appear in different places according to what device you are using to access it. I won't confuse matters by posting all the options, just let us know here!

The point of lists (and it's clear not everyone uses them) is to organise the people/businesses that you follow. So for example I have lists called Holiday, Craft, Twitter events/hours, Business, Dogs, Norfolk etc etc.

Everyone that you follow will appear in your main twitter feed. Now imagine 1000 people all shouting at the same time - that is the "noise" you will get in your feed once you follow 1000 people. Many people follow many thousands; I currently follow about 900 as I only follow people I choose to, but 1500 people follow me. You will only ever see a fraction of what people tweet in your feed at any one time as the quantity is overwhelming.

Now as an example, say I want to browse all the holiday accounts, I can go straight to my list and see them all; I can see the individual members of the list, so it's like taking say 100 of the 1000 people and going into a separate room. The noise level has dropped considerably!

When you follow someone, add them to an appropriate list straight away or create a new list if not to add them to.

Your twitter page will show all your Retweets as well, so it doesn't matter how much content is yours or other peoples. The only difference is if it's not your original content, you're not really going to directly benefit, but as I use mine to give people Norfolk information, it doesn't matter to me where the content came from as I'm providing useful and relevant information in one place.

Everyone uses twitter differently though and I expect Lindisfarne would probably give you a completely different answer!

Have a nose around my profile if you want and you'll see what I get up to. I do very little apart from chat to others on a Saturday for example as I participate (and hosted the other week) #satchatuk which is between 8am and 9am in the morning. My account is @NorfolkCoastal.
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

Perfectly explained Nemo :)

The only thing I would add is when Tweeting photos they appear in your Gallery however if you retweet a photo it won't appear in your gallery thus keeping your gallery photo's relating perfectly to you and your company

I think it's great and once set up you can spend as little or as much time on it as you wish

tavi

Post by tavi »

Thanks you two for taking the time.

Dear god. I've just searched for #traveltuesday and have 78 new notifications (while I was doing something else) none of which interest me at all.

I do have 6 followers though :)

Will go and get another glass of wine as (you're right Nemo) it's extremely noisy on my Twitter page).

P.s. I haven't taken a booking yet on there but found someone to deliver a hire-car to my current guests at the apartment with a few hours' notice. My guests are very happy bunnies.

:D
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I found my web guy via Twitter and I have made loads of great really useful connections, so for that alone it's been worth it. Well done, you're off to a flying start!
bessie

Post by bessie »

Hi nemo
I have been reading your instructions ,but have just started a twitter account .I don't understand the following and the followers ,
Sorry if I am slow on the update with all this.
Do I need followers more than following.
It can't be that hard can it.At least I seem to be getting noticed by travel tweets.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

You want people to follow you, but you should follow those that are of interest or useful to you. Some people follow everyone who follows them and so their numbers of followers versus following look similar numbers, but personally I don't.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Thank you nemo ,
HoneypotCottages

Post by HoneypotCottages »

Followed Tavi :D
Andy Smith