About to make a website

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Some form of apartmentinnice?
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Goodness I have a lot to go on, and more work to do, I can see.

Thanks everyone for your expertise and help. I realise now I haven't the faintest idea what I am doing, but with your help I am getting there.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I think it might be important to have holiday or vacation in the url somewhere as if you have 'apartment' without that reference in somewhere like Nice ( different if a smaller area) that is going to pick up all the long term rentals and apartments for sale as well.
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

Good point. i do need to include Nice vacation/holiday, and find one that no-one else has used. I did think of having a theme in the apartment like displaying my husbands art work. Whatever I think of it is really long. I think I will have to sleep on it as I am losing the will to live.
CSE

Post by CSE »

theme in the apartment like displaying my husbands art work
And if you do then that can extent in to a web logo and some sort of background image if you choose to have one.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
manesty

Post by manesty »

Bit late to the party, but what about something like apartment49nice .com and appartement49nice .fr (excuse my french if the translation is incorrect, not one of my strengths!). Obviously replace 49 with something related to your apartment, maybe it is 3a or something!

I think it makes it more clear that your apartment is in Nice as it is after the apartment number, resonating its address, rather than a nice apartment (which I am sure it will be!).

I personally second FC - I actually much prefer to click on something like what she has written rather than something like greatapartmentinbath .co.uk , which always makes me cringe a little. Funny, but it makes me think the place has more of an identity and more character rather than being 'just another holiday let in Bath'. You can also get in keywords in the different page addresses e.g. apartment49nice .com/holiday or apartment49nice com/accommodation etc etc.

Hope this might be useful and good luck!

--edited to remove rogue apostrophe!--
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

There's an update to this discussion in the members' section manesty - lots of further chat on domain names!