Masterchef UK

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Casscat

Masterchef UK

Post by Casscat »

The final is tonight. Anyone watching this? Taking bets? It has to be Simon surely?
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

I'm afraid we stopped watching it about 3 series ago - I'm totally out of touch. Still watching "Bake Off" and I am now addicted to "Pointless", though. :D
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

As an interesting change from the experience of food tasting on TV (I have a rather out of date set that only produces pictures and sound), I'm planning an evening enjoying juggling on the radio.

Okay, I'll admit that I used to watch it, but it just got boringly repetitive; it really needs something different, maybe a new presenter - Clarkson? :lol:

Top Scoff?

With a regular contributor setting the fastest time for eating the latest offering?

Some say......
All we know is, he's called The Pig:

annedab

Post by annedab »

Simon gets my vote too. I loved the episode in Sweden the other night. Oh, and I don't often listen to Dead Ringers but I heard it tonight and the take off of Greg was delicious :lol:
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Yes I'm a Masterchef addict too and if Simon keeps up his standards he'll win! I do like Emma's food though.

[quote="greenbarn"] I'm planning an evening enjoying juggling on the radio.
Haven't you got your crayons back yet than GB? Waiting.....
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I'm semi-ashamed to admit that my ring tone to this day remains 'Masterchef Synthesia (Buttery Biscuit Base)'. My colleagues (and occasionally clients when I forget to mute the damn thing) are appalled https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeyUGZt8nk :P
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Simon was a very worthy winner. I've commented on a FB thread that I thought Simon and Tony's final dishes were tasting menu quality for presentation. Emma's might have tasted fantastic but it is the type of thing you can get at our high street Lebanese restaurant.
I wouldn't be surprised if Tony ends up with a presenters role as he was so cool and quirky.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I think a culinary star is born - Simon just made everything seem so effortless. All the chefs he worked with in the professional kitchens were incredibly impressed with him. Tony is obviously a planner and needs to work harder at things than Simon, but I agree that he would make a good presenter as he has a unique style and likeability.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I rooted for Simon the whole way. He sounded like he'd stuck in at something he didn't really want to do to provide for his family and this was his chance of a dream come true for his ideal career.
I hope some of the chef's who jokingly offered him a job come through!