interesting, cultural differences...?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

A couple of years ago we stayed in a hotel in Poland. We sat down for breakfast and we were each brought a large Frankfurter on its own on a plate. Being vegetarian I rejected this. We were then each brought a bowl of scrambled eggs on its own. I can't abide scrambled eggs. The texture makes me heave. The only other offering was dry bread (no butter, marj or jams) and slices of ham. All washed down with tea or coffee. I went hungry!
B&B netherlands

Post by B&B netherlands »

i've enjoyed tremendously all you have written! including photos, it does give 'breakfast' its 'cultural' backgrounds, i see myself.

what strikes me - a few of you are vegetarians, and were unpleasantly surprised. @ bunny: i am not vegetarian, though i do not eat a lot of meat (prefer fish) but what you wrote i would have refused as well.

the spanish bread with garlic and tomato... the typical brekkie on cyprus... the 'cooked breakfast' i myself would not be able to eat... the italians mostly (indeed) skipping breakfast - though 'my' italians from tuscany, just loved my sweet home baked tuscany bread.

and checked if i used the correct recipe! yes, i did. :-D

@rammy, so nice to read you actually since you were 15 (!) kept the cheese you ate in utrecht in your mind. yes - i will stock up on the 'secretly sourced cheese' and you will not be disappointed.

sue dyer might remember the six lovely pieces i bought for her and she took with her. we went together to our local 'fancy cheese shop' and she was astonished to see how cheap i bought exactly the same cheeses...

guests bring me cheese, too! weekend before this one, people i have known a long time (but had not seen in 16 years) brought me a typical albanian cheese, my favourite...

my guests really can do what they want to do, i just 'provide'.