One website for each place?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
allisaidwas

One website for each place?

Post by allisaidwas »

Hello, I have just joined the site, and I am in the process of building a website for our place(s). My wife and I have a newly built villa in Mauritius and my sister-in-law has started a B & B right next door to the villa. We are trying to help her promote the B&B while also offering the B & B as 'overflow' for bigger groups in the villa.
My question is do I create a website for each place and put links to cross reference or 1 website for the villa with a page dedicated to the B&B?
It's been a dilemma already as to how to promote the two places as they have slightly different customer bases I feel, so any thoughts and advice would be very welcome.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

I think I would have two separate websites but reference the other one in each. So with the villa make a point of mentioning the B&B next door and put copious links everywhere, and the same from the B&B.
Essar

Post by Essar »

+1
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Hi allisaidwas and welcome! :D

I agree with the other two - develop separate and individually tailored web sites for each business as you are appealing to different markets but reference each other and offer links.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

+1

Unless they share common facilities, they should be separate. You can always save development costs by making one website first and using that as the template for the second one.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Casscat wrote:Hi allisaidwas and welcome! :D

I agree with the other two - develop separate and individually tailored web sites for each business as you are appealing to different markets but reference each other and offer links.
+1 I have two websites.
allisaidwas

Post by allisaidwas »

Thanks for the advice, I was leaning that way.
Vince

Post by Vince »

+1 For two different websites. Imagine the problems if they thought they were renting one place and got the other by accident.