An Easyjet Experience.....

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
rammy100

An Easyjet Experience.....

Post by rammy100 »

.....although actually a good one.

Having found and booked a very cheap fare that suited my needs perfectly I was feeling rather pleased with myself until I came to add the booking details to my calendar.

It was only then that I realised I had put the wrong date in and was a week out. Changing the flight online cost about €40 in admin fees - not the end of the world but still irritating given it was only 5 minutes later - so I thought I'd give them a call.

They answered quickly and volunteered to change the flight for free even before I started to beg.

Worth knowing for the future perhaps.
Here we go again........
tavi

Post by tavi »

easily done rammy,

I did the same once booking a flight for one of my children. With Ryanair!!! and they changed it for me.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Nice one!

Don't you just love it when you are surprised with better than expected service?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Time to post on their Facebook page and tell them how great they are?

I once had a really cheap flight to Venice with Buzz airlines ( now swallowed up by someone else) with one of my children and they were so friendly and nice that I wrote to the chief executive to tell them how impressed I was and how we would not have been able to afford the trip if not for the low cost. To my surprise, she wrote back and sent me two open tickets to anywhere they flew in the next 12 months. We went to Rome the following year! It is a shame they are now defunct as at the time they were an amazing contrast to the rudeness of Ryanair, who of course have since changed their attitude.

I do find the Easyjet staff a bit brusque now and have seen them being pretty rude to other people and try avoid flying with them. ( And sometimes BA is cheaper, anyway, to the same destination). However, it is nice that they surprised you.
Marks

Post by Marks »

FelicityA wrote: Buzz airlines ( now swallowed up by someone else)
Sold by original owner KLM to Ryanair and was run as Buzz Stansted until Ryanair closed operations in 2004.

If you want truly appalling customer service from an airline, take a ride with Iberia. Probably the worst airline, ever :twisted:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
rammy100

Post by rammy100 »

FelicityA wrote:Time to post on their Facebook page and tell them how great they are?

I once had a really cheap flight to Venice with Buzz airlines ( now swallowed up by someone else) with one of my children and they were so friendly and nice that I wrote to the chief executive to tell them how impressed I was and how we would not have been able to afford the trip if not for the low cost. To my surprise, she wrote back and sent me two open tickets to anywhere they flew in the next 12 months. We went to Rome the following year! It is a shame they are now defunct as at the time they were an amazing contrast to the rudeness of Ryanair, who of course have since changed their attitude.

I do find the Easyjet staff a bit brusque now and have seen them being pretty rude to other people and try avoid flying with them. ( And sometimes BA is cheaper, anyway, to the same destination). However, it is nice that they surprised you.
That's a nice story Felicity and I actually considered posting something on their facebook page.

However, I didn't want to alert everyone to this particular benefit in case it's over-used and then stopped, just in case I have a future brain-storm and need to call on their help with an identical issue down the line.
Here we go again........
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

You have a point there, Rammy. Keep ihe details of the niceness under your hat.
Last edited by FelicityA on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fifi

Post by Fifi »

Or you could praise the great customer service and assistance given when you had a problem with your reservation, without going into detail. Having spent many years working in customer services, you have no idea how fantastic it is to actually get some praise, rather than constant complaints and aggravation!
People who arrive after 10pm, shouldn't expect a hug.....
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

rammy100 wrote: That's a nice story Felicity and I actually considered posting something on their facebook page.

However, I didn't want to alert everyone to this particular benefit in case it's over-used and then stopped, just in case I have a future brain-storm and need to call on their help with an identical issue down the line.
And what if some guests to your holiday home decided not to review your property because they were worried that it would get too popular and it wouldn't be available next time they wanted to book?

I think that's a bit of a shame, really ...
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The answer from Fifi is the solution. Praise where it's due without giving the game away. I have done the same in the past for outstanding service or when a problem was resolved without any quibble in an unexpected fashion. My daughter works in customer service and it's a difficult job, with little reward.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Yes, that's what I meant by keep the DETAILS under your hat! Just say how wonderful they were dealing with a problem you had.