Constructive criticism/feedback on our new site please!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I also use PMP, but have had domain emails for years which is provided by the hosting company. For a PMP site, you just point the nameservers to PMP in your CPanel, and can use the emails from there. Costs me way less than £50 per year.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Nemo wrote:I understand you can set up an alias using gmail for example. Would that work? Not sure of the cost but my web guy suggested it to me as he reckons Gmail has one of the best spam filters out there.
Yep, you can use the Gmail interface to send and receive from most other email accounts if you wanted but you still need someone to host the email account. If having to pay for 3rd party email hosting, it's most likely that they would also provide better than average spam protection too.
CSE

Post by CSE »

With our hosting it has a good spam filter, plus we can set filters to suit our needs, IP address, certain words or phrases set in different areas of the email, plus an email address blocker too.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

kevsboredagain wrote:
Astorchamonix wrote: I must say however that I can't believe the quality of some of the other listings on our main listing site air bnb! You can on there however tell between the people that have invested in professional pics compared to ours.
AirBnb offer a free professional photo service. Perhaps some of these ads used this service or are agents in disguise who also used a professional photographer.
Airbnb photos can only be used on AirBnB, you can't move them.

The first thing that strikes me is that your header photo does not do justice to your view from the balcony. It looks as though you have a fabulous view but it is obscured by the chair, balcony and wine bottle. The photo of the door with the sign on does absolutely nothing to show what kind of visual experience your guests will have, and maybe by moving some of the other lovely photos of the mountains to the header would give a a better idea of the feel of the area. After all, your guests are presumably not going to be sitting in the apartment all day! I like the decor, it looks clean and modern without a lot of clutter and the mustard chairs look OK-I much prefer them to the ubiquitous black leather!
Some of the interior photos are fuzzy. PMP might advise you on this.
I got the first draft of my website in January, but it took me 2 solid months to fine tune it and still haven't got it finished!
PMP did a review for £25 and I found it really helpful.

www.bluebellcottageisleofskye.co.uk
:P
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
Astorchamonix

Post by Astorchamonix »

Hi jemima,
Thanks for the feedback. I've visited again and have a few more piccies to add to the website once I get a second, however, unfortunately it was raining all week so despite my best efforts on photoshop they still look a little dull!
I have added lots more photos to allow guests a better idea of the place.
I've contacted air bnb about photos but they are yet to get back to me. The criticism of some of the properties on there was about amateur photos.....I'm sure the properties I was looking at weren't done by a professional photographer!
One last thing.....I've clicked on your link but it doesn't seem to work, is the url correct? :roll:
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Astorchamonix wrote:Hi jemima,
One last thing.....I've clicked on your link but it doesn't seem to work, is the url correct? :roll:
This appears to work: http://www.bluebellcottageisleofskye.com/ The .co.uk was incorrect I think, unless I have just linked to a completely unrelated property!
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

Oops! My mistake! Sorry about that.
I signed up for Freetobook which is working very well along with Fabpay. Before I signed with them I already had a lot of bookings through Cottage Guide and Airbnb, all my latest ones since signing with FTB have come through them. Well worth the effort of setting it up.
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!