slooooow May...

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
jenboyle1959

slooooow May...

Post by jenboyle1959 »

I've had all three flats /cottages booked up for the school summer holidays for months, but I've still got a few gaps in late May, early June, which is a bit worrying.I've not had a single enquiry for a week, and only one booking the week before, apart from annoying people on my Facebook page asking for key Festivals that have been booked up for months( Country and Western festival in Millport is a big one.As is the Classic Scooter Rally Weekend, and September Weekend) I suspect the chilly spring weather in Scotland isn't doing anything to inspire people! Anybody else suffering a quiet week? I've resorted to sending myself test emails to check it's working... :(
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

You are not alone - bookings and enquiries have come to a shuddering halt. We have 3 rentals to fill for bank holiday (2 new) and now offering minimum stay 4 nights when we normally ask for 7 nights.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

Same here - very slow the last few weeks. I can see the tumbleweed blowing across the screen.

At least it's given me time to sort out pricing for next year and do a few other admin jobs.
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

Short notice could, yet, come on strong.

Since the shocking weather, confidence has been dented particularly for more weather sensitive smaller holiday lets.

The Election fuss could have also stalled some booking decisions.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting