Blocking spammy referral links in google analytics

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
FelicityA

Blocking spammy referral links in google analytics

Post by FelicityA »

I have not had complete success blocking these spammy people or 'ghosts' by blocking certain countries and PMP have done all they can at their end so I have been doing it mostly through Google.

This one has recently appeared -event-tracking and I found this extremely clear set of instructions (I can follow a clear set of instructions even though I really don't understand what I am doing!) to remove them and others like them which seems to have worked so I am really just sharing this link in case anyone else has the same problem

http://www.ohow.co/stop-www-event-track ... rral-spam/
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Thank you so much for this link, I have been plagued with spambots in my Analytics and this has shown me exactly what to do - thanks again :) - and I could search for a couple of others and so hopefully I have eliminated them too.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I just hope it works for you Sammy! They find ever more ways of getting to us.... There have been a lot more from China lately so I think it is wise to block China as a country (this is drop down under source or destination) as well as Brazil, Indonesia and Russia.

I found these hostnames in my delving so I have blocked them, under 'hostname' in the drop down box. They have probably visited you too! www.jhmfhv. ru (I am putting a gap to disable it here) www.hcyjei.co. uk (this one is responsible for some Chinese visits) and https://www.fiverr. com
Isy

Post by Isy »

Thanks FelicityA, I ve just set it up and finger crossed I should get rid of this ghost spam.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

For those of you on PMP, they have just told me that they have blocked buy-cheap-online which I was having trouble getting rid of in my google 'internals'.
Isy

Post by Isy »

Thanks for the info FelicityA.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !