maybe not correct response

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
bessie

maybe not correct response

Post by bessie »

What's your best quote I want a budget weekend.
My reply is pending.
I don't do quotes ,try premier inn for budget.

I :evil:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Well, I wouldn't reply ' I don't do quotes' but just say 'the rate is £x and then say 'if that doesn't suit your budget ......then you could put the Premier Inn bit...or the local hostel? You never know, they may be perfectly prepared to pay your rates and just trying it on so I wouldn't be too rude.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I agree with Felicity - always be polite and dignified. Simply smile and say that your rates are as advertised and if that is acceptable you look forward to their booking. Don't play them at their game - rise above it.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

That enquiry is just plain rude Bessie. I'd like a Ferrari but I doubt they would sell me one within my budget either.

I have to agree that you have to avoid being obviously rude back, but I might simply explain that you do not offer budget accommodation and your prices reflect what you are offering. I might also suggest somewhere like the YHA if they are on a budget. Try to make it sound like you are being helpful but making the point at the same time.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Bunny wrote: I might simply explain that you do not offer budget accommodation and your prices reflect what you are offering. I might also suggest somewhere like the YHA if they are on a budget.
Very nice. My original thought, which I bit back, was not quite as diplomatic........

There is a hostel in our nearest town (a former Youth Hostel, now privately owned) which offers basic, clean and comfortable accommodation at £20 pppn. 'Nuff said?
bessie

Post by bessie »

Thank you ,I did reply a bit more diplomatic stating my rates are clearly displayed and since it was a bank holiday weekend and only two nights required with guest leaving on the Sunday I am unable nor do I offer budget breaks.
Maybe shot myself in the foot loosing a booking but I am working to my costings to make the cottage pay.
Anyway having a rare day out today OH taking me to Beef Expro yes a full day looking at cattle and machinery what an exciting life I lead.
Just had another enquiry do I take dogs grrrrrrrrr.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

bessie wrote: Maybe shot myself in the foot loosing a booking but I am working to my costings to make the cottage pay.
Never worry about losing a booking you didn't want.