Flipkey - Security deposit - Urgent help required please

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
brendan

Flipkey - Security deposit - Urgent help required please

Post by brendan »

We checked in our first guests from Flipkey yesterday. When I checked on Flipkey's website the payment is pending.

I asked the guests to pay a security deposit which they duly did. Now I've had an e mail from the guest saying that they've already paid it and could they have their cash back (nicely).

Have I made a booboo? I checked my listing and I state that there is a security deposit so is it the case that Flipkey have taken that?

Can someone enlighten me?
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I've only had one Flipkey booking to date, last month, and yes Flipkey did handle the deposit. Payment for the booking was transferred to my account. via PayPal a few days after guests arrival. That for me was the easy part of the booking, the hard part was trying to get all the pages, PDF attachments of T&Cs, Arrival details map, etc. to the guests and an address from them to post a key!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
brendan

Post by brendan »

Brill....thanks for the fast reply. I'll hotfoot it over there and give them their money back!