When should I send the Final Invoice?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Hells Bells

When should I send the Final Invoice?

Post by Hells Bells »

Up till now, I normally send the invoice for the final balance about 2 weeks before it is due, but was considering doing so after the deposit has been paid. When do you send yours?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I was just recently speaking to a friend in a completely different business about just this question and we came to the conclusion that there is no single universal right answer.

Each household has differing habits when it comes to paying bills. For example, I pay all mine as soon as they arrive, and if it sits for more than 2 days there is a danger of it getting buried and lost. Some households put aside one day a week or even one day a month to pay bills.

The only solid conclusion we came to was to ensure that the date by which money must be received is prominently shown on the invoice and even some small print at the bottom on what may happen if its not paid.

So I would suggest that 2 weeks before its due is actually quite a good compromise.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I do it quite differently. I use the invoice as a receipt for the payment of the deposit so that as soon as the deposit has gone through I print out the invoice and send it. I sometimes e-mail near the time if the invoice was sent out over a year ahead. No probs so far ! I then send out a receipt when the whole amount has been paid. 8)

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Vally

Post by Vally »

I'm am not the most organised person, but I try to remember to send the final invoice about 35 days before arrival date , so that makes 5 days for them to get it into the post .
I quite like the idea of sending it with the depost receipt though, that would save having to remember at a later date, but then again if they forgot at that later date would I remember :?: