Join me for a whine in the café ?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Aaaaaaaargh - Caroline :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sending you virtual hugs and a large glass of red (yes, I know it's only just after 10am but I'm sure you won't mind :lol: ).

The week can only get better. Can't it?
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Normandie and SamV, it's that law of technology again - what can go wrong, will go wrong and just when it's guaranteed to cause maximum upset.

Tavi - living on a building site is horrid, so having to cope with (potentially) unhappy tourists as well is enough to drive anyone to drink :D

Yikes, CarolineH. What a rotten lot you've got. Hopefully that's your quota for the rest of this year.

Meantime, pop over to Cyprus and cuddle my cat - he's whinging for company and attention so if you can persuade him to sit on your lap, he'll happily recompense you with lots of purrs and much lowering of blood pressure :D
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

French Cricket wrote: The week can only get better. Can't it?
Thanks, FC, I do hope so.

In the meantime, I'm turning into a vile, vicious person : I chuckled this morning when one of the little stone throwers Dad's had to stop because he found that one of them had fed stones into his nice alloy wheels and the brakes were blocked! And yes, it was the Stirling Moss guy, how's that for justice!

And PW, I have my own cat, but she is going completely barmey, too! She's already brought me 5 mice and a bird this morning, eek (3 of them were still alive)
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Oh well - I'm in the middle of fitting a new transmission into the mower, which will no longer get up the slopes, and waiting for parts to turn up. But it's raining anyway so I wouldn't go out and cut the grass if the mower was working. And apparently the wind has blown our compulsory trade waste bin on its side, but that's at the end of our track 400 yards away and it's awkward to turn upright, and it's raining. And I've got a foul chest cold.

So Caroline - thanks for putting my woes in perspective, good luck with your vile guests and may they all spontaneously combust some distance from your gites.

No guests at the moment, so I'm just waiting for the men's tennis at Roland Garros to start this afternoon.

But please don't get me started on the topic of Dimplex ground source heat pumps...... :evil: :evil: :evil:
annedab

Post by annedab »

Oh Caroline, I think you should have an entire bottle of wine, not just a glass. How utterly dreadful :shock:
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
aasta

Post by aasta »

2 bottles of wine....hope this week´s gite occupants are a mega improvement!!! and a giant "no" to guests with such nice little monsters...err children!!!! :twisted:
aasta
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

OMG, Caroline. That group of guests sound as though they all deserve each other this week. What's the betting you get a complaint from the family for leaving the the stones 'just lying there' for the child to damage his dad's car?! At least my 'inanimates' don't answer back. :wink:

Our gicleur appears to be innocent. It's now alleged to be the flame detector which - for reasons best known to itself - is not detecting the flame so the boiler switches off. A piece has been ordered but now the u/f heating is not circulating, the boiler is much more reliable. Of course, it's about 13°C here today but at least we are guestless for a couple of days and when the next lot arrive, the temperature is likely to be about 30°C and we'll have enough hot water from solar to make the boiler's behaviour less awkward.

I don't think we'll have another de Dietrich boiler, La C! The level of programming expertise is precisely why I just stare at it and scratch my head. Well, that and the fleas from the convalescing cat. Just to get the temperature in the ballon requires the use of two buttons and three lots of menus. There are problems with it most years. Unfortunately, we expect it to last another 15+ years.

Bon courage Caroline - and all others with 'challenges' this week. Hic.

:lol: