holiday lettings - new charges

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Janeseggy

holiday lettings - new charges

Post by Janeseggy »

We have an annual listing with HOliday Lettings so shouldn't have any hidden extra charges (booking fee) when guests book, but this week Holiday lettings are charging more than our listed price - around 12% Anyone else having this problem?
Needless to say I can't get a reasonable answer from them !
Holiday Cottage owner in York
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I am not with them anymore - I wonder why? :roll: :roll:

But, seriously, the only way I got them to respond quickly was by direct messaging them on Facebook and saying it was urgent.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Hello and a belated welcome to the forum.
This is normal for HolidayLettings commission listing and has been applicable for about 8-months.
I suggest that you read up on all the HL posts under this topic - you will be amazed at the amount of information available.

For quickness:
HL commission listing charges are as follows:-

Owner
3% + VAT commission on your entered holiday rental price.
This also includes the transfer of the collected monies to your nominated bank account 24-hours after (4-days?) after guests arrival.

Between 12% and 21% Booking Fee calculated on your entered tariff. This is a variable rate that will apply to your whole tariff; there does seem to be a standard application on how it is applied; but, as it is variable only HL & 7Aspire understands it.
HL do not show as a separate Booking Fee (as do AB, FK & others) but increase your tariff to make it inclusive.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

OP says they have an annual listing, so surely no commission?
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

Hopefully potential guests will learn that to avoid paying these booking charges they just have to google the place they fancy and go direct. Advertising now all seems to be controlled by a handful of the "big" boys. Bring back the days of smaller sites with realistic annual fees. Now they want even more money to upgrade you to Bronze, Silver ..........