Receiving Clients Payments in France

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Morristhedog

Receiving Clients Payments in France

Post by Morristhedog »

I want to close my UK bank Account. How do clients react if asked to pay into a French Bank Account? My prices are given in sterling on the two sites where I am advertising.

Would it be better to have the client pay using PayPal??

From what I have seen on their website I would need to open a business account and this seems very expensive.

What do other people advise?

Thank you.
A dreamer is one who can only find his way home by moonlight.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Retaining a UK account after you leave the UK is invaluable, for the exact reason that you have stated. It will save both you and your clients lots of money in bank charges.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I would also add that I have international clients (professionally, nothing to do with holiday rentals) who bitterly regret closing their UK accounts because since becoming non-resident they cannot now find a UK bank which wants to offer them facilities. Banking in the UK is still largely free so where is the disadvantage in keeping your account open, even if it is only to receive sterling payments from guests?

And welcome to LMH Morristhedog :)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I use Payboxmail, much cheaper for me than Paypal but it really depends on your turnover as you need a business account to use it. Otherwise bank transfer, using something like Transferwise?