Google AdWords

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
pambon

Google AdWords

Post by pambon »

Does anyone use this method and if so with what results?
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

I don't Pambon, but I would like to find out what you have to do and what it costs.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Andrew haven't done anything! That's why I was asking. Think it may be outmoded as a form of advertising, hence the deafening silence on here :D
JanB

Post by JanB »

Pambon, I used Google Adwords some years ago for my B&B. it did bring business but at quite a high cost.

I am not sure if it is still operated in the same way now, but it was rather like a lottery - although it did ensure my property was quite high in the searches.

In the end, I decided it was far too costly and have never been tempted to try it since.

Like most advertising, it is hard to quantify your return on investment.
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!
AndrewH

Adwords

Post by AndrewH »

Here is a fairly recent thread on Adwords: viewtopic.php?t=23577
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Same as JanB, although I can't be sure if it brought me any more bookings and I do remember it was quite costly for something I couldn't quantify.
J00ls

Post by J00ls »

I have used Google Adwords in the past. You can set a daily budget .The competition for terms like 'self catering' and 'holiday cottage' is pretty fierce and therefore your daily budget may not buy many clicks. Be aware that your local competition may click on your paid ads and use your daily budget in minutes with no tangible benefit to you apart from Google taking funds by D/D each month.
Today's going to be a great day!