Forum Newbie/Pembrokeshire Coast National Park

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

brightmike wrote:
anya752000 wrote: I have disabled my website direct link after advice
Sorry to go off topic but why have you disabled your direct link?
Hmmmm - I can't actually remember!

There was a discussion on here about it being a bad idea for people to follow a link from the forum to your own website - I can't remember why and tbh I probably didn't understand it at the time.

I'll see if I can find the thread.
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I disabled it as I had so many hits from LMH that if nothing else it completely skewed my analytics! Having thousands (as in my case :oops: ) of incoming links from LMH also wasn't deemed to be good from Google's perspective.

Post by Guest »

:?:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndyPearce

Re: Forum Newbie/Pembrokeshire Coast National Park

Post by AndyPearce »

CatNewHome wrote:Good morning all,

2) Is not accepting pet an issue? but from last year, I've only had 3 people with dogs.

4) I have opened it for short stay 3 nights
Hi CatNewHome, we have 2 larger holiday homes in Carmarthenshire - one running for 6 years and the second only just started.

When we first set up we were advised by one of the agencies not to accept pets as it would put non pet owners off staying. This turned out to be bad advice and after the first year we started to accept pets (with a small charge) and our bookings rose significantly.

We also found that allowing shorter breaks was more productive but limit this to off peak.

Our booking rate on the house that has been going 6 years has been very good for the last 2-3 years (we had 52 weeks or weekends of the year booked both years) and are almost full again this year so far and some of this is to do with the above.

Also - If you are interested in a website which won't cost the earth done by someone locally let me know!
:wink:
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

Our place is just outside Tenby. Little Haven is lovely. I knew the couple who ran the PO some years ago.
We have turned down bookings for dogs, but another lodge near ours does good bookings by them. If you feel you can allow dogs then you will get more bookings.
I advertise on Holiday Lettings, Home Away and Air Bnb but have no website.
Most bookings are from HL for me.
We are top in Tenby on Trip Advisor and guests read reviews before booking, so get those reviews.
Other advice is to give your guests the holiday you would like in their place. Communicate quickly and well with them.
We were with Coastal Cottages for a year, ok but t hey took 25 percent.
No problem with more advice if needed.
If you can keep your head when all around you are panicking.......you have probably not seen the whole picture.