It's my lucky day again!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
FelicityA

It's my lucky day again!

Post by FelicityA »

Three Saturdays in a row, when the guests have departed, I have walked in and wondered if they have been there at all. Floors washed, carpets vacuumed, basins, loos, shower, bath all shining. Kitchen immaculate.

Of course, I know that they have and some spent quite a lot of time indoors/in the garden (with me mentally willing them to go out and not use the oven!) but each time on these three Saturdays I have concluded that these are my best guests ever and they must have spent some considerable time cleaning and polishing!!

Each one has surpassed what I thought was superb the first time. Contrary to my usual experience of different nationalities, the worst usually (but not always) being British, the first lot were British and clean clean clean. The second were American and the third French. All were charming and the French were the best of all (that goes with the stereotype I think of being the cleanest, most conscientious self caterers?). I want more French people!! They are only my third or fourth in 9 years. Where shall I find them? All the French websites seem to leave out the UK in their listings. These ones came from HA through Abritel.

The sad thing is, this can't continue throughout the summer......can it??
tavi

Post by tavi »

ooo lovely.

(but did they get the crumbs out of the toaster :D ?)

I had some Spanish guests who cleaned my ceramic hob for me.
:oops: A bit embarrassing really - I can never get it as immaculate as that particular guest did.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

tavi wrote:ooo lovely.

(but did they get the crumbs out of the toaster :D ?)

I had some Spanish guests who cleaned my ceramic hob for me.
:oops: A bit embarrassing really - I can never get it as immaculate as that particular guest did.
Yes, tavi, toaster crumbs, every time, too! Nothing left untouched except for today's departures - they forgot to polish a glass table but that was probably because there was no Windolene under the sink so I forgave them that!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

We too had a lovely changeover today. House very clean, only 1 bedroom out of 3 used and they dealt with the locksmith for me as the previous guests didn't tell me until they were leaving that the back door lock was broken. Lovely people. Gave them a refund to say thank you. :D
cysgod y coed

Post by cysgod y coed »

It's catching. Last few guests have left me wondering if they even came. Wonderful, long may it continue
If you can keep your head when all around you are panicking.......you have probably not seen the whole picture.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Our last guests were extra good at cleaning too - and they didn't even use the second bedroom! And, best of all, despite being "we want to be alone" types and not writing anything in the house book, they left a lovely review on the (commission) website they booked through. :D
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I've had one like that recently and it was an all male party! I could hardly tell they had been in (although I think they ate out every night or got a takeaway). It was my quickest changeover yet. Oh, if they were all like that...

One recent guest smiled at me on departure and said "you won't have much cleaning to do; we've hardly been in". God knows what her house must be like if she thought it didn't need much cleaning. I had to go hell for leather to get it all done in time. It never fails to amaze me!
Isy

Post by Isy »

FelicityA, glad you had a break from the stressful situation in your Dublin appartment. And fingers crossed, this will continue throughout the summer!
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oh how lovely! It is such a pleasant surprise when you don't have to work as hard as you thought you'd have to.

Sadly ours have all been toughies so far...but that's because we have had families with toddlers. I can never get over how dirty an environment the parents live in considering their darling children are running, crawling, falling and playing on the floors.
Sigh.

Mousie (hoping for a good one soon)
x
Last edited by Mouse on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
pambon

Post by pambon »

And I have just been been looking down onto our rental and seen the current guests busy sweeping the terrace :D

Its cloudy today with short showers so maybe they thought it best to stay in and clean up - although they only arrived on Friday! At least the showers have saved them the trouble of having to water the little garden. ("Home from home" is the reaction from most guests when I ask them...!)
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

yes it's spreading - I had a changeover yesterday & the place was immaculate. I sat watching the tv eating leftover food & drinking their beer, big smile on my face.

Sad the forum is normally about disrespectful guests, most are lovely.
teapot

Post by teapot »

gardenboy wrote:yes it's spreading - I had a changeover yesterday & the place was immaculate. I sat watching the tv eating leftover food & drinking their beer, big smile on my face.

Sad the forum is normally about disrespectful guests, most are lovely.
Seconded, It was our fault the guests had to be put up elsewhere for the first week (water heater failure) and they were absolutely brilliant about it.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
annedab

Post by annedab »

Must be the week for tidy people. Just been in the little house and, apart from the beds, you wouldn't know they had been here. They kept themselves to themselves all week and we only saw them to ask if they wanted bread each day. Perfect. :D
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Nice!

I've got a Saturday off again as we have had 1 10 day stay and an 11 day!! Just have to change the towels. - woo-hoo!

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Woop, lovely relaxed changeover. Guests decided to leave last night rather than spend Saturday travelling home. House left tidy and clean. Happy Bunny until I opened a kitchen cupboard and found the roasting tin had been put away completely unwashed and stood up on its side, so all the oil had leaked out into the cupboard that I had only spring cleaned two weeks ago. Made a right mess. :roll: