Opinions on my adverts please!!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Foxandsot

Opinions on my adverts please!!

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello

I've put these adverts on and was just wondering what everyone thought? I know the photos are rubbish, only 9 weeks now before we go and get the keys and can get started on putting the furniture in and taking photos.

Please be honest (but gentle)! Should I take the half built photos off?? Our website has the half built ones on too??

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/cyprus/CY632.htm

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/Larnaca/15833

Thanks

Michelle
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

My gut reaction would be to lose the half built one.
Cheers
PC
charles

Post by charles »

I once was told by a marketing person: "in advertising leave the negatives out".

I think the view of a cement mixer and a construction site is a negative in the eyes of a potential renter so I would take out. It also makes me think "mmmmm....I wonder if it will really be finished by the time I get there..".

My 2€ anyway...

Charles
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Do you think I should lose the half built ones from my website too??

That would mean my advert would only have the artists impression and a couple of the surrounding area?

It is hard to leave the negatives out when the building hasn't yet finished and as you say, that in the eyes of a renter is a big negative. Maybe I jumped the gun a little by advertising too soon.

Does the text sound okay or a little bland?

Thanks

Michelle
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Hi Michelle,

Like yourselves we wanted to start shouting about our villa well before it was ready. On our front page we had some general photos of the location including an eye catching sunset pic, we filled the page up with interesting text.

We had a link to a page which we called Building Progress and it's amazing what interest this generated. Not just from rental enquiries but from people who know the area and were genuinely interested in watching the house develop. In fact many of them took the opportunity on holiday to go along and see the building work, some even sent me photos. 8)

It also generated quite a bit interest on a holiday forum for the area AND that was great free advertising. :D

We are working, albeit very slowly on making a new front page and a gallery for the villa now that it's finished. You can still see what we did with the building progress page here... http://www.villalinakis.com/progress.htm for some reason I never did get around to uploading photos from February 06 until it was finished in June. :?

We were delighted with the fact that although there were no finished photos of the villa it did not deter people from booking.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

You could buy some photos to get you started, there are loads of sites to choose from like this one.

http://www.shutterstock.com/cat.mhtml?s ... &x=13&y=6s
Cheers
PC
charles

Post by charles »

VillaTatiana wrote:Do you think I should lose the half built ones from my website too??
Hi,

I'm not expert in these matters - but as others have suggested maybe you could it make it a separate feature of the site. Then you can highlight the fact that is it being purpose-built with the holiday maker in mind, to professional standards, attention to detail etc...aka marketing buzz-words to grab the reader's attention.

Cheers,
Charles
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

If you do leave the half-built photo in, you need to change the date to 2006!!!

Kathy
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Oops :oops: , thanks Kathy! That's what happens when you do your own proof-reading!!