r.i.p. betty hamilton

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
juco

r.i.p. betty hamilton

Post by juco »

genetic mechanisms allow an organism interactions between widely separated loci.10 Chromosome Organization within the Nucleus each terminus. A typical separation pro
How can I stay raw in the winter cold? 258 Agriculture and Food Industry showed organically grown you?ll feel more comfortable that these are recipes you can trust. Reviews don?t have to be any
Methods in Enzymology, Vol. 128. Academic exist in a tight gene cluster referred to structured graphs (e.g. protein interaction
ago, the drug companies had to basically make sure that you were conjunction with dietary and behavior modifications. misleading advertising? Answer: None. That's right, none, zero, not
Last edited by juco on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Juco,

You seem to think we're all going to jump on your site and trash it -- not so! In fact I quite liked it. It's clean and refreshing -- not too simple, but not too complex, either. Keep up the good work!

Here's what I like:
  • The text menus at the top -- simple. I don't think the font matches your other text, though; perhaps it should? I know most people (including me) use graphics for the menu text, but in this case I think the text works. Plus, it's great for search engines.

Your contact information is on every page, and that's fantastic. Never miss an opportunity to give the client the chance to contact you.

I like the little extras you have like the floor plan and the TV channels -- those can sometimes make all the difference!

I like your color scheme -- very simple and clean, refreshing!

Here are my suggestions:
  • As far as the HTML code goes, try two things: use a meta description tag to provide a blurb for search engines, and use javascript to protect your e-mail from spam-farmers. I believe there are instructions on how to do both here on the forums.

Why keep your site at /html/? I know there's still a bit to do, but I think it's viewable now. This is peak booking time for most venues!

In general, I definitely want to see more pictures. Pictures of the water, pictures of the interior of the property, pictures of local interest, etc. Paolo has written some great advice on the forums on how to do that.
Overall, this is a great start!
Brooke
A-two

Post by A-two »

Hi Juco,
I agree with Brooke, I like the simplicity of it, pink text on clean white background, lots of white space, it's refreshingly different, easy to read, friendly to browse. I also agree with Brooke that you need more photos - views from the villa, if there are good ones, and at least 2 interiors. One of the photos ought to be a bedroom. I'm told this is more important than living room.

On the negative side, three points (sorry):-

1. the very first thing you say didn't quite make sense to me. "Experience a traditional Turkish village which still maintains a working population..." Doesn't everywhere have a working population? Even if the people are looking after tourists, they are still working aren't they? It might help to explain what traditional work they are doing, or rephrase to explain what is at the heart of village life.

2. You say Akbuk is close to Altinkum, but you don't say where Altinkum is. I am ashamed to say that I haven't a clue, except that it's somewhere in Turkey. I've heard of Bodrum, but not sure where that is either. I don't think you are aiming specifically at Americans, but if you want to attract them, you need to remember that the typical American (if there is such a person) would not be able to pick out Turkey on a map of Europe!!! I'm not suggesting you have a map of the whole globe, but at least a map showing the whole of Turkey and where your village is located would help. Do you have something like www.mapquest.com for Turkey that you could add as a link or on the location page? I see a lot of websites that copy the map of their location as a JPEG and use it a photo, without the link. Mapquest don't seem to have a problem with that.

3. The Links: I understand this is not finished yet, and the link to Ephesus is very interesting, but do you really need to advertise flights and car rentals? The reason I question this is because they also link to holiday packages. This will drive people to hotels being offered there instead of your villa. Also, listing sites like Cyberrentals will not give you a link to your own website if it includes links to other accomodation. Historical links are more interesting, to get a real feel for the place, the atmosphere.

Otherwise I think you're definitely on the right track. It was a brief look, but hope this helps.

All the best,
Joanna

www.southold-beach-house.com
livinginitaly

Post by livinginitaly »

Hi Juco,

A really 'clean' and 'fresh' looking site.

Only thing i'd add in addition to the other comments is that 'personally' ..... i'm with Paulo, you really can't beat a nice 'panarama' :)

To me the top area of every page is screaming out for a 'header' or at least some sort of logo.

I believe it's 'expected' nowadays that the top of the site must be uniform on every page and contain some sort of 'branding'.

Obviously, i can see that the site has the 'logo' in the footer of the page, but this is an 'unconventional' design that i believe won't 'sit well' with most of your intended audience :(
juco

Post by juco »

Thanks guys constructive critisism and most welcome.

vrooje.. I agree with you on more pics and now getting that sorted, there should be a slight improvement on this since you last viewed but still working on the pics.

Joanna.. Interesting your positive comments on the pink on white I didn`t like this but my son insisted and he won so I suppose he was correct after all.
"working population" I mean they still live there and go work the farms the land etc but I taker your point will try and reword that part. I will also try and get a decent map of somekind. I have also taken out the links which have hotels in them.

livinginitaly.. I agree about a header as the more I view it the more it screams out, I will do some work on this. It needs a corporate identity.

Many thanks for the input I really do appreciate it.
regards
Juco
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hi Juco,

For me your homepage doesn’t make enough of an impact in two or three ways:

- It doesn’t look like a homepage, because there is no heading telling us what this is and why we should care.

- Your two homepage pics are both externals of the house. I would definitely show the sea since that is probably your strongest selling point.

- Your opening sentence, which without a heading will largely decide whether people read on or move on, isn’t doing it for me. My impression is that the appeal of your villa is that you get a sun ‘n sea holiday, plus the cultural sites and authentic village atmosphere. If you just focus on the authentic village life at the top, you may leave your target market behind.

The opening sentence is a mouthful. I’d like to see a shorter sentence with only two phrases. The construction of the sentence is a bit rambling: ‘Experience a xyz …that…and…which…’ That’s four phrases – too much, it should be punchier.

I would edit it down and insert something about the sea. For example:

“Experience traditional village life on the shores of the crystal-clear Aegean.�

The mention of Turkey shouldn’t be necessary because it will be apparent from the heading where we are.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
juco

Post by juco »

Paolo,

I take your point, I knew this would be the one area I would struggle, when you point it out it makes sense. i will do a bit more work on this section.

thanks for commenting.
Juco